I got “ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error” when opening Items-Section in Paper UI.
In all the other Sections there is no error.
I added some Items yesterday in Paper UI and in an items-file and all was fine.
Today I got the error.
I tried an restart and an apt-get upgrade to install the latest Version, but I’m not on the snapshot-builds.
Any ideas how to fix the error?
I’ve no real ideas but the first thing I would check is the permission on the conf/items folder and .items files and userdata/jsondb files and folders (for apt-get conf is /etc/openhab2 and userdata is /var/lib/openhab2). 500 means permission denied.
These should be readable by the openhab user and the jsondb files need to be read/write by the openhab user.
I had the same problem some time ago.
It turned out that I defined some items with a wrong transformation; something like using %d instead of %s for a string - or the other way around… I don’t remember exactly.
Also, when I had this problem, I wasn’t able to acces the REST API to query items, similar to https://community.openhab.org/t/oh2-rest-interface-cant-get-list-of-items/18173.
So you might want to check your .items files…
That was it.
While adding the items, I also installed the MAP-transform and used %d instead of %s.
After correcting the map-file and switching from %d to %s, I see all items in the item-section.
Thanks for the help!
I have the “Error 500-Problem” too.
I’ve changed the %d to %s. No results.
I guess I have the problem since I updated from Openhab 2.0 to 2.1.
You have mentioned, to check the permissions on the files / folders.
How can I check the permission or repair the permission rights?
Thank you for your help.
Error 500 while using the Items section in PaperUI?
Most likely there is something wrong with your items syntax.
Can you post the openhab.log errors?
Ps: It’s better to open up a new thread and reference this one if relevant. This thread is marked as closed/solved and it won’t get much attention
I have checked the items.
I tried to update the thing (node10) in the paperUI.
The log shows following entries:
2017-07-18 21:17:04.802 [ERROR] [ome.io.rest.core.thing.ThingResource] - Exception during HTTP PUT request for update config at 'things/zwave:device:0a1350b5:node10/co$
2017-07-18 21:17:20.900 [ERROR] [ome.io.rest.core.thing.ThingResource] - Exception during HTTP PUT request for update config at 'things/zwave:device:0a1350b5:node10/co$
Thank you for the tip.
I tried to change the parameters in Habmin with no problems.
So, if I have to integrate new things to the openhab-zwave-network I have to search the new things in PaperUI first.
Then the configuration of the new Thing has to be done in Habmin? Is this sequence correct?
This is what I do also.
Use PaperUI to discover/include new Z-Wave things into openHAB (and link them to items if not using manual config files for your items)
Use HABmin to manage the Z-Wave devices settings/parameters.
Ps: Some say that HABmin does a better job at discovering/including new Z-Wave things also (especially with the new refactored Z-Wave binding when it comes to secure inclusion).
Ps2: Hint: The main author (@chris) of the Z-Wave binding is the author of HABmin
Thank you for the quick answer.
Tonight I will try this way.
A last question:
Where can I find the version-number of the z-wave-binding?
In PaperUI I can find only the hint: Z-Wave 2.1.0
to find the exact version of the installed binding (aka bundle), you can use the openHAB2 console
- Enter in the console using
ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 with password:
- Issue the following console command:
bundle:list -s |grep -i zwave
It should display something like:
openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i zwave
206 | Active | 80 | 188.8.131.52707122217 | ZWave Binding | org.openhab.binding.zwave
Note: This version (184.108.40.206707122217) is from the “mainstream” snapshot (2.2.x) binding that I display in the example above (included in openHAB 2.2.0 Snapshot Build #986).
The refactored snapshot would show 2.1.x (latest version at the time of this post: 220.127.116.11707062012) and
The mainstream stable would show simply 2.1.0 (without any date stamp)
Most likely, you are running the mainstream 2.1.0 version (included in the openHAB 2.1.0 stable distribution)
thank you. That helps me a lot.
No - you should be able to do the inclusion in HABmin as well. HABmin provides exactly the same functionality to search for devices etc.