Error message during start-up after updating from 3.1.1 to 3.2: [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing add-ons

Merry Xmas to all !

Unforturnately, I have an issue after updating from OH3.1.1 to OH3.2 via Openhabian (RPi4). I get following error message during start-up:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-mail, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-gardena, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-enocean, openhab-binding-systeminfo’: null

According the logs, immediately after this message the system starts again, but this time successfully to full operation (at least).

But when I restart the system this happens again.

I there anything I can do to get rid of this behavior?

same to me. see here

You should only see that error message when the cache has been cleared in OH. That’s where all the add-ons get stored and those are the ones that get used until the cache gets cleared again. So something is clearing the cache when you restart causing OH to have to redownload and install the add-ons.

So there are two problems here, though one of the problems is pretty minor since it sorts itself out on it’s own pretty immediately.

The problem shows up when I stop openhab.service and start again as well when I do a reboot without cache cleaning as well as when I do a reboot with cache cleaning.

In the meantime I’ve set up a fresh openhabian install. Unfortunately, the problem is back when I restore my configuration.

ok. On my server the same error message only appears when stopping and cleaning cache. During normal oh restart everything works fine. Doesn’t help you but at least there is hope.
I am not an expert but worth a try:

# just in case there are already some more updates:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
#an updated eeprom is also available:
sudo rpi-eeprom-update -a

Unfortunately I also have these problems.
Everything was ok, until I did a reboot of the server.
I faced also other issues, so I checked the drive for errors, but it didn’t find any.

• Samba did not work any more, the folder /var/lib/samba wasn’t there anymore, but the files have been in the folder /var/lib/openhab
  • the files in /var/lib/openhab were gone

I think it will be good to post that also in the release discussion thread

In the meantime I’ve set up another fresh openhabian installation.

Then, I did not restore of my (old) configuration but just installed the add-ons listed in the error message above and some things and items.

Unfortunately, the error occurs even under these clean conditions.

In my case the original error message only occurs directly after a fresh install or after a clean-cache.
After an automatic restart it loads the add-ons.

I did some ( amateurish) testing with the fresh openhabian installation.

It looks like this behavior is caused by the binding Systeminfo. At least the problem seems to be gone after I removed it and is back immediately when I installed it.
Once openhab.service even restarted while I started installing the binding via UI.

Does somebody have the same problem but is not using the binding Systeminfo?

I just find out the same. It is the only binding I’m using, which fails like this.

I had a lot of issues trying to upgrade to 3.2l; I found two potential issues that might have caused them, one of them being the System Info binding. After fixing both, it looks like the system is working again.

Just to see whether System Info had anything to do with the behavior I had experienced I re-installed the System Info binding in OH 3.2, and voilá, all hell broke loose in my logs again (and stopped again eventually after I managed to uninstall the binding and cleared the cache). So yes, there definitively seems to be an issue with the System Info binding…

I’m very frustrated… Sit in front of my pc the hole day and try to start openhab. There are more issues if you clear cache! Also Marketplace Bindings stop openhab to start well. Openhab will install bindings from Marketplace and stay there and nothing happens. After stop and restart openhab restart.
Thanks to Kai that he found the issue in system info binding… I remove it and now openhab is up and running. But no things comes online only Marketplace bindings! Persistant doesn’t work. At this stage, openhab ist half out of order… And now?

After the fourth restart it seems to work now. Unbelievable…

System Info binding breaks my system too

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.