Error message in console?

@chris
Hi,
I got this error message in my console. And the other error in my log.
Is it related to my problem that inclusion/exclusion is not working correctly from the binding?
The newly discovered things only show up in inbox after i restart the binding.
Secure inclusion is not working.

I am using an Aeon gen 5 usb stick.

Exception in thread “ZWaveReceiveProcessorThread” java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.event.BindingEventFactory.formatEvent(BindingEventFactory.java:90)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.ZWaveIncomingEvent(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:636)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.notifyEventListeners(ZWaveController.java:563)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.serialmessage.RemoveNodeMessageClass.handleRequest(RemoveNodeMessageClass.java:73)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingRequestMessage(ZWaveController.java:228)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingMessage(ZWaveController.java:196)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:614)

2019-06-15 10:03:04.910 [ERROR] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Exception during ZWave thread.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full

at java.util.AbstractQueue.add(AbstractQueue.java:98) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.add(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:312) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.processReceiveMessage(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:409) ~[232:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201906131958]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.incomingPacket(ZWaveController.java:1069) ~[232:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201906131958]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.incomingMessage(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:648) ~[232:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201906131958]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:328) [232:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.201906131958]

It’s impossible really to say what caused this. As can be seen, the queue is full, but why that happened I can’t say from this.

InclusionRestart binding.txt (278.0 KB)

I added the logfile with a inclusion start and after that a restart of the binding.
Maybe it is possible to see where tings go wrong?

Are you sure?

I don’t see a binding restart, or an inclusion start, or any errors in this log - it all looks fine to me :confused:

LogInclusionOnlyTHANKSChris.txt (68.8 KB)

Oops, my bad…
i made a new one inclusion with error at the end this time :slight_smile:

Thanks.

What version of the binding are you using? I’m guessing it’s not the snapshot as I can’t correlate the debug messages in the log with what’s in the source.

Can you please try the snapshot version to see if it has the same problem. If it does, then please provide a new log, then I might need to add some more debug to better see what is happening.

InclusionAndRestart.txt (278.6 KB)

I am using version:
225 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906151002 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
I sent a log with an inclusion and a restart of OH afterwards.
When including nothing shows, after restart the two new things show up in Habmin.[CommunicationAfterLastIncl.txt (18.3 KB)|attachment]

And some communication og after last include:
CommunicationAfterLastIncl.txt (31.0 KB)

And a massive log until huge lag on my z wave network and crash error.
I have no idea what triggered it.
I am re-configuring all my things from scratch one by one and am experiencing huge lag on z wave.
MassiveLogUntilCrash.txt (86.1 KB)

At the moment I can just guess where this is going wrong with the inclusion, so it may take a little time to work out. I have a few ideas as I can see that the processing is stopping, but not exactly where…

What version of OH are you using? I’m wondering if you’re either using an old version, or something very new that is preventing some of the messaging that the ZWave binding uses from working.

I am using the latest snapshot build, installed true openhabian config tool on a rpi…easy mode :wink: i know…
In the configuration i executed the “prepare serial port settings for pheriperals” setting.
I can not think of anything i messed with, using it all straight out of the box…
Noticeable is al LOT of Z wave traffic going on and clogging things.
Inclucing a log with disconnecting Z wave dongle and reconnecting.
DisconnectStick.txt (33.2 KB)

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not blaming anything you’ve done. I’m just trying to understand why this is happening as I can’t replicate the problem here.

The issue is that the binding stops processing received messages after the inclusion starts, but it’s unclear why at the moment. Nothing looks wrong, and the code hasn’t changed for a while, so I’m thinking either it’s something with your system (eg it’s a slow computer), or maybe something changed in the openHAB core as there have been an enormous number of changes there recently.

What I will do is to add some more debug to see if I can nail this down.

I am sending one more log file doing nothing while i was out for dinner :slight_smile:
It might help because a there is an error in the end…
LogfileDoingNothing.txt (234.8 KB)

This isn’t a logfile - it’s only an events log, so doesn’t contain any zwave information.

Auch…indeed…turned off debug…my apologies… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Is there anything i can do ? I have no idea how to proceed…

Since you can easily replicate the issue with the inclusion, we need to work on this. I’ve added some more debugging into the binding today to look at an area that I initially thought might have been the issue - I’m actually not so sure now if you are also seeing this at times other than the inclusion, but let’s see.

Bottom line though is if you can keep debug on, then we’re more likely to find something.

Hi @Chris,

Sorry for the delay, the weather is too god… :sunny:

No only doing inclusion so far, apologies for the confusion.

But, i dont give up, what i did, i updated using openhabian config to:

Openhab2 2.5.0~S1614-1
225 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906151852 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave

Then i made a log with some fiddling around, this log contains all after fresh update and a fresh restart of the system.

What i did:

• deleted a thing in habmin
  • set the binding to inclusion (true binding did nothing, just let it end)
  • deleted an old wrong discovery (security issue)
  • set the controller in exclusion (true the binding)and excluded the wrong thing.

I hope this helps, please let me know if u need something :smile:

regards,
W.
LogInclusionIssue.txt (88.8 KB)

Then i did a restart to see if the exclusion was successfull.
Here is the log:
AfterInclusionRestart.txt (274.2 KB)

And a fresh inclusion, showing the unsuccessful exclusion.
FreshInclusion.txt (272.8 KB)

Then i pulled out the stick, excluded the (secured) thing and included another with the stick button, re-inserted it and set the port in Habmin.

Providing as much info as i can get, sorry for the overload :slight_smile:

log:
StickDisconnectTY_Chris!!!.txt (275.4 KB)