Error on weather binding when starting openHAB2

@dominicdesu Already any ideas on how that can be solved?

I opened an ussue: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/79

Unfortunately not. With my very limited knowledge about OSGi only more questions arise while I try to research the issue :confused:
Here is one more, possibly related, link which I came across: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/karaf-user/201104.mbox/<9F69795E29C890408AC2DAF646C89BB3799D4454F6@MAILBOX.arc.local>

I hope somebody else can look into and solve this issue…

Dominic, which JVM are you using? This error reminds of an issue I encountered before where there was a difference between the java xml jars included in different JVMs.

On my side, here is my JVM version:

java version "1.8.0"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)

So the JVM does not seem the reason.
I think the hottest link is http://osdir.com/ml/users-cxf-apache/2010-08/msg00276.html - as this post was from @cschneider111, maybe he can help us here?

I will look into it. It seems somehow the schema is not recognized.
I have seen a similar thing when the annoation packages were not imported as then these informations are missing.

Just looked into the source code and Manifest. I think the Import-Package for
javax.xml.bind.annotation is missing.

The unmarshaller problem is fixed with the latest build.

Now there is another issue:

23:39:46.995 [ERROR] [.weather.internal.bus.WeatherBinding] - Error activating WeatherBinding: CommonId for provider YAHOO with id 0 already exists
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: CommonId for provider YAHOO with id 0 already exists
	at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.parser.CommonIdHandler.addCommonId(CommonIdHandler.java:85)
	at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.parser.CommonIdHandler.loadMapping(CommonIdHandler.java:73)
	at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.bus.WeatherBinding.activate(WeatherBinding.java:55)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[:1.8.0_40]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)[:1.8.0_40]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)[:1.8.0_40]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)[:1.8.0_40]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:222)

Added https://github.com/openhab/openhab/issues/3829 for tracking.

I’ve opened a PR for the weather binding on OH2. Please try this test JAR to verify the fix and report back either here or on github. Thank you!

The test jar is working for me with Wunderground provider.
Bravo

1 Like

Confirmed here as well with WU and the latest 2.0 snapshot. Thanks @watou

1 Like

Is this jar File integrated in b2?

Yes, the weather binding is working well in OH2 beta 2.

1 Like

can you share how you got weather binding working on openhab2? Mine doesn’t work. I get this message:

016-05-26 17:59:41.089 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, id=273, bundle=190/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.weather/1.9.0.b3]: Updating property weather of configuration org.openhab.weather caused a problem: Empty property ‘location..name’, please check your openhab.cfg!
org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: weather : Empty property ‘location..name’, please check your openhab.cfg!
at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.common.WeatherConfig.parseLocation(WeatherConfig.java:113)[190:org.openhab.binding.weather:1.9.0.b3]
at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.common.WeatherConfig.parse(WeatherConfig.java:80)[190:org.openhab.binding.weather:1.9.0.b3]
at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.bus.WeatherBinding.updated(WeatherBinding.java:77)[190:org.openhab.binding.weather:1.9.0.b3]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1753)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:143)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:110)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_91]

the same problem here!
Might be weather binding has some really trouble in OH2

It’s running fine in my setup. Please post your weather config, so we can check the issue.

I guess @Nguy_n_Phuc_Anh_D_ng posted his configuration in here

@opus Yes, saw it when I continued reading the new posts.

@Nguy_n_Phuc_Anh_D_ng you should stop posting the same issue in multiple conversations. This will not provide faster help/solutions.

Ok I’m really sorry about that!
Just because I’m too hurry for my project
Hope you guys can sympathize
I’ll remember next time not to post so many similar posts