Errors when running 2.1.0 Docker image

Hi,

I’m trying to run OH 2.1.0 in a Docker container. It works - sort of - but I’m facing quite a few challenges. Most importantly, I cannot figure out how to install new addons. Before I changed to Docker, I installed a couple of addons (ihc,zway) and they worked and still work.

However, I cannot install addons using Docker: I’ve tried a lot of stuff trying to make it work - but to no avail.

Basically, I’m constantly seeing this error in my openhab.log:

2017-11-20 18:46:46.908 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-ihc1,
 openhab-binding-zway, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mariadb, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-ui-habpanel
, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformatio
n-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-tran
sformation-scale': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base; type=karaf.fe
ature; version="[2.0.0,2.0.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.0.0)(version<=2.0.0))"

I doesn’t tell me that much, but I notice that it seems to require 2.0.0 bindings whilst I’m running 2.1.0?

Could anybody please help me with some insight into this matter?

Best regards,
Lars

How are you installing the add-ons, through PaperUI or through addons.cfg? I personally recommend using addons.cfg given the limited ability of the Docker Image to perform upgrades automatically.

Now, stop the container, delete the contents of userdata/cache and userdata/tmp (where userdata is the directory you have as a volume mapped into the container at /userdata.

Try restarting again and see if the bindings will start now. If not we need to get a bit more drastic.

Stop the container. Backup then completely remove the entire contents of userdata. Restart the container and wait for OH to finish coming back up. Then you can restore the userdata/jsondb folder if you happened to create any Things or Items from PaperUI or the Karaf Console as opposed to textual config files.