ESH Event error in logs 2.5.8 (started at 2.5.4 I think)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: i3 920
    • Java Runtime Environment: unknown, the one in the docker
    • openHAB version: 2.5.8

Hello,

When I starter my server, I get the following error:

[ERROR] [me.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Creation of ESH-Event failed, because one of the registered event factories has thrown an exception: Error invoking #valueOf(String) on class 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType' with value '2-01-01T00:00:00.000-0500'.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error invoking #valueOf(String) on class 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType' with value '2-01-01T00:00:00.000-0500'.
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.parseSimpleClassName(ItemEventFactory.java:189) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.parseType(ItemEventFactory.java:157) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.getState(ItemEventFactory.java:135) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.createStateEvent(ItemEventFactory.java:115) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.createEventByType(ItemEventFactory.java:79) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events.AbstractEventFactory.createEvent(AbstractEventFactory.java:55) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.EventHandler.createESHEvent(EventHandler.java:134) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:108) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:85) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.ThreadedEventHandler.lambda$0(ThreadedEventHandler.java:67) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor86.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.parseSimpleClassName(ItemEventFactory.java:180) ~[?:?]
        ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 2-01-01T00:00:00.000-0500 is not in a valid format.
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.<init>(DateTimeType.java:128) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.valueOf(DateTimeType.java:147) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.ItemEventFactory.parseSimpleClassName(ItemEventFactory.java:180) ~[?:?]
        ... 10 more
Caused by: java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text '2-01-01T00T00:00:00:00:00.000-0500' could not be parsed at index 0
        at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseResolved0(DateTimeFormatter.java:1949) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parse(DateTimeFormatter.java:1851) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at java.time.LocalDateTime.parse(LocalDateTime.java:492) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.parse(DateTimeType.java:256) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.<init>(DateTimeType.java:122) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType.valueOf(DateTimeType.java:147) ~[?:?]
        ... 10 more

I’ve tried to find the answer but I can’t find it.

Thanks!

Search the forum for:

on class 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType' with value

didn’t found any solution. The only that is near is a bug in milestone 5 of 2.5, in a specific binding.

It looks like there is something wrong with a DateTime item, check your castings, formatting, …

“something” is trying to update a DateTime type Item with a non-datetime.
Could be a binding, a rule, an external script.
There aren’t many clues about what.
I would guess probably a binding, unless you have hidden a preceding error message, as user rules or REST calls would give some validation error I’m sure.
It may that a binding is trying to deal with an external data source that has changed.

You might start by looking at what DateTime Items you have, and what processes they are involved with.

ok thanks, I’ll check. Maybe an old binding