EspMilightHub new binding for milight limitlessLED and easybulb

Thanks for reporting, I have looked into this and the hub only uses uppercase so we also need to ensure uppercase is used. From the next build the binding will put an ERROR in your logs if it detects you are using lowercase in your UID for your things.

Yes that will happen but it should not cause issues at least in the way I use my system I see it as a feature as I always want colours to be full brightness as they are duller than white which I may prefer to be dimmed down. Does this cause an issue in your use case? If you can describe how it causes an issue, then I can work out what will work for both use cases.

@furax54
EDIT:
I could propse adding a new option called “link white and colour controls” with the ability to turn this on or off.

OFF: (This is how it works currently)
The Slider for colour does not follow the level slider when globe is in ‘white mode’.
When in ‘colour mode’, both sliders move each other.
When in ‘white mode’ the colour on the selector wheel stays on the last used colour.
When you are in white mode and select a new colour the level slider will jump to your last used brightness for colours.
When you select white mode from colour mode the level slider jumps back to the last used white brightness.

ON:
When in both ‘colour’ and ‘white’ modes, both sliders move each other at all times.
When in ‘white mode’ the colour on the selector wheel moves to “0,0,level” which shows as white on Openhabs controls.

I can see that some users may only implement a colour channel for RGBW globes in habpanel to save space and this feature may be useful? Any ideas on how it should work? Does that cause issues for anyone?