Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat with external Temperature (Please Ignore Found it!)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev. 1.3
  • openHAB version: 2.5.10-1
  • Issue of the topic:
    Eurotronics Spirit Thermostate in combination with a Devolo Door/Window Sensor

I want to use the Door/Window Sensor (with Temperature measurement) to regularize the temperature in the room.
Adding both devices to openhab works without issue.
I get the temperature reading from the Sensor and get also all readings from the thermostat.

I set parameter 8 to 128 but I have no idea how to connect the temperature reading of the sensor to the thermostat. I think I have to add the channel somehow, but I don’t now where and how.

Maybe I’m not clever enough to see this, but all topics I looked at give me a hint in the right direction.

Thanks for any hint in advance
Sven

My experience with the temperature readings of door/window sensors is not very good. In my case (different sensor than you have, so it might be different in your case) is, that it actually measures the temperature of the frame it is placed on rather than the room temperature. Which results in too low measurements in winter and too high measurements in summer. At least for the window sensors.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply, the points you mentioned I run exactly into it. My biggest issue with the Spirits is the loss of the calibration (that’s at least what I think happens). Even if the Valve reports zero, the heating is going on and the valve is not completely closed (can hear the water).
If I take the battery out and calibrate, it works.

Sven

I did not encounter the issue you described. The only possible reason I can think of is a mechanical one: Is the thermostat tightly screwed to the valve and did not come loose over time? A new calibration would fix that for a while but it it comes more loose you will end up in the same situation again.

The valve itself was my first impression also. Then I read something about weak batteries and the point that the spirits open when the battery level get low. Changed the batteries to new ones, didn’t help.
I checked the valves if they are open and close freely and not getting stacked or blocked.
Also checked that all is screwed tightly, everything fine.
At the moment I let it run and see what happend.