Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave Plus doesn't work

This should be detected ok - what version of the binding are you running?

Snapshot 2.3.0.201801020943
Before i tried with the stable release, same result.

The device looks like it’s detected - the parameters etc are all there so I think it’s fine. Does it also show channels etc?

Everything there

Cool - so no problem then…

Thats not the problem, everything seems fine at first.
But the device doesnt report temperatures and doesnt react to changed items or configuration parameters.
In fact its doing nothing at all unless i set it directly by the devices buttons, which kills the whole sense of a centrally managed thermostat.

On my device, the default settings for reporting temperature and valve status both were OFF. I both set them to “1” right from the start, meaning

• report temperature each time the temperature changes by 0.1°C
  • report valve position each time it changes by 1%

I haven’t tested the effect of reverting these settings to 0.

I would suggest that you try to apply the same settings for parameters 5 and 6 and confirm via debug log that these settings get sent across to the device. I have best experience setting device parameters via the habmin gui. There, you see a “pending…” indicator as long as the setting has not been applied to the device.

At 12:32:20 I changed the "temperature report " setting from 1 to 2. Below is a screenshot of what I see in the z-wave log viewer. You might want to compare to what you see.

I tried setting the config parameters. The node doesnt even show up via the log viewer, this is logged to the log file:

2018-01-06 16:01:16.401 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Configuration update received
2018-01-06 16:01:16.403 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Configuration update config_5_1 to 1
2018-01-06 16:01:16.404 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Error getting configurationCommandClass
2018-01-06 16:01:16.405 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Configuration update config_6_1 to 1
2018-01-06 16:01:16.406 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Error getting configurationCommandClass

Hi,
I thought about replacing some of my Danfoss LC13 with the new Eurotronic Spirit devices. Do they work now within OH2?

@FrankR I didn’t get them to work properly, yet. Hansvandamme’s ones seem to work without any problems, i can’t give you a simple yes or no.

@hansvandamme In the node13.xml are no “configurationCommandClass”-Tags as they are in the other xmls.
Could this be the problem? In which constellation does this appear and is there a fix for this?

Thanks so far @Julian_Kuchlbauer. Guess I will wait and see.

I now have two devices in active use, and they work quite OK. I had no problem adding them to the zwave network, using the standard binding with the current distro of OH2. Initial pairing via Paper UI and parameter setting via Habmin.

The only thing I changed compared to default settings, are the reporting settings – see my post of Jan 6, above. This way, I want to ensure that the device reports its status often and until now this is working very well.

I am using openHABian op Raspberry PI 3 and Aeon z-stick gen 5.

The only thing that bothers me, is that one of the devices (my first one) sometimes goes offline for hours. But as soon as I send it a command (temp setpoint), it reappears after a few minutes. So, from a user perspective this is not an issue.

@Julian_Kuchlbauer I cannot really help you here. I only saw in your logs that there is an “Error getting configurationCommandClass”, but according to this thread this is not really an error. I am still quite new to OH and have no real idea on how you could troubleshoot this one. I am adding here the XML of my second device. Maybe the differences with your XML will point you in the right direction.

node14.xml (11.2 KB)

Please explain the problem.

I’ve finally received a replacement to the faulty unit I bought to support testing, so will be able to test in a few days, but it would be good to understand why it’s not working.

The problem hasn’t changed / wasn’t solved since i opened up this thread, so it is still this:

problem

Hey guys,

I have some trouble as well. The device is included and works sometimes but it seems that it has no neighbours. There are 2 other nodes in the room, one with battery and one with permanent power. both have neigbours and are routing devices. Any idea what I could do. I treid “heal teh device” several times but nothing happened.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

I see the same happening. Sometimes one of the devices goes offline for minutes/hours and then suddenly reappears.

Yesterday I moved my controller (Raspberry Pi + Aeotec z-stick gen5) more centrally and I don’t see any disconnects for now. From this, I --preliminary-- conclude that zwave transmission strength of the devices is extremely weak, nowhere near the “30m in buildings” slogan. I would say something like 5 meters range. I wonder whether there is a way to prove this theory.

I, too, saw no trace of meshing behaviour until now. Nor in paper UI thing properties, nor in the zwave XMLs I see any device reporting any neighbours, except the z-stick which reports a small subset of zwave devices I have in use now. Maybe this is due to the relative proximity of my controller to all devices. But then I would not expect to see any device go offline intermittently.

Many Thanks for your feedback. I will contact the vendor regarding the meshing problem and will let you know when I receive an answer.

@chris Do you know a way to go on in investigating my problem? Unfortunately i have no idea how to continue.

Dear all the vendor has up to now answered nothing usefull. I still have the problem that the device doesn’t show any neghbors so most of the time there is no communication possible…

Dear hansvandamme. Do you see any neighbours reportd in Habmin since you moved your controller?