Eurotronics Spirit can't be added as a thing

Hello every one,

1. I had the tremendous idea to install JDBC Persistence MariaDB persistence module. For some reasons, I was not really able to make it work. Moreover the all z-wave network and system was not working fine anymore.
  2. A quick look in my logs shows that I had quite some Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-jdbc' So I uninstalled it.
  3. It did not help, I kept on having the same errors as well as Disposing handler for thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:78787b80' takes more than 5000ms. and NODE x: Not initialized (ie node unknown), ignoring message. Mapdb stopped working as well…
  4. I did not find anything that would help me out, so I uninstalled openhab, empty the openhab directory, factory reset the stick and all z-wave devices.
  5. Reinstall openhab, include the devices on the stick and open the Inbox. All the batterie power nodes are listed in the inbox but are not recognized. If I add them, I have the following message in Paper UI Z-Wave Node 002 (0148:0003:0001:0.16) This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
    The main power devices are working.

I already

• restarted the nas openhab several times, but nothing helped.
  • delete the content from the inbox and started a search again
  • took off the battery of the devices and put some new ones…
    None of that helped.

In openhab.log I mainly have mainly following errors NODE 5: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0148:0003:0001::0.16 and Added new thing 'zwave:device:3049f94f:node5' to inbox.

I hope you can help me make that system work again.

My system
1 Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
4 Eurotronics Spirit Z-Wave plus
Openhab 2.5.2 running on a Synology NAS (DS718+ / CPU Intel Celeron).

You need to manually install the latest 2.5 snapshot binding. There were database issues with that device that have been corrected.

The README for the script should help you install manually. I am not sure if you can run the script on your NAS.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

Hi Bruce
Thank you for your quick reply. I’ve never done that for a new install before, so that’s strange but I’ll try.

So I did copy it to the addons
and tried to run it

Obviously there is an issue, or something I did not understand.
Regards

David

The README has manual instructions, or at least it used to. Basically uninstall the old binding & put the new jar file in the addons folder. IT will not show as installed in Paper UI but if you delete & re-add the Thing it will work.

I do not know where that is mapped to on your NAS. The script was not designed to work with a Docker install, I believe.

I’m not running with docker, but anyhow I managed to install it manually.

I still do not get why this extra steps are necessary at the first place. Last install (a month ago) went well without all that extra hassle…

However, Many thanks for your help!

The issue was fixed after the last release. You should remove the jar before updating.