Evcc Binding - electric vehicle charging control BETA [3.3.0;4.0.0)

Good morning,

Just installed the binding, I wanted to use it to build my own notification mechanisms, since those of evcc have some shortcomings. However one of the key channels does not seem to work, the vehicle title of the loadpoint. Is it just me, or is this broken?

Hello,
since EVCC 1.123.0 the key name changed from title to name. It should not fixed from the binding.

You mean the binding needs to be changed to use the new key?

Yes, it is only one word. I tried to change the code, but I am not smart enough for that. In evcc github you can find the exactly word. I lost the place for the moment. :face_exhaling:

IIRC this has already been fixed in the evcc binding in the latest version, which is however currently only available as 4.2.0 Milestone 1 or SNAPSHOT.
Until then, someone would have to cherry-pick the changes to the 4.1.x branch and build a patched 4.1.x version.

Really annoying how often evcc has breaking API changes ā€¦

Great, thanks, then Iā€™ll wait for this to be officially released!

That will be openHAB 4.2.0, which I would expect for end of July.
I know itā€™s a long time until then ā€¦ I will eventually release a version with the backported adjustments to the marketplace until then.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

currently I have trouble with the EVCCā€™s PvPower and VehicleTitle Items in my openHAB binding: PvPower is NULL and the string is empty all time. In the given interval when all other parameter are getting set, the vehicle title is updated to empty, PvPower is not set. I am sure there was a time it worked correct. Weird is that in the EVCC UI I can see the correct vehicle title and the correct PvPower - only in the openHAB binding I canā€™t.

My setup:

• openHAB 4.1.2 on RPi 3B+
  • EVCC 0.125.0
  • EVCC binding: 4.1.2

evcc.yaml:

# open evcc at http://evcc.local:7070
network:
  schema: http
  host: evcc.local # .local suffix announces the hostname on MDNS
  port: 7070

log: debug
levels:
  cache: error
  easee: trace
  tesla: trace

# unique installation id
plant: xxx

interval: 30s # control cycle interval

sponsortoken: xxx

# sponsors can set telemetry: true to enable anonymous data aggregation
# see https://github.com/evcc-io/evcc/discussions/4554
telemetry: false

meters:
- type: template
  template: huawei-dongle-powersensor
  id: 1
  host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
  port: 502
  usage: grid
  storageunit: 1
  modbus: tcpip
  timeout: 15s
  name: grid1
  template: huawei-dongle-powersensor
  id: 1
  host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
  port: 502
  usage: pv
  storageunit: 1
  modbus: tcpip
  timeout: 15s
  name: pv2

chargers:
  template: easee
  user:xxx@xxx.com
  password: xxx
  charger: xxx
  timeout: 10s
  name: wallbox5

vehicles:
  template: tesla
  title: Tesla MY
  icon: car
  accessToken: xxx
  refreshToken: xxx
  vin: xxx
  capacity: 60
  phases: 3
  mode: pv
  minCurrent: 5
  maxCurrent: 16
  name: ev5
  template: renault
  title: Renault Zoe
  user: xxx
  capacity: 55
  phases: 1
  cache: 15m
  minCurrent: 8
  name: ev4
  template: vw
  title: VW ID3
  user: xxx
  capacity: 54
  phases: 3
  cache: 15m
  minCurrent: 6
  timeout: 10s
  name: ev6

loadpoints:
- title: Wallbox
  charger: wallbox5
  mode: off
  phases: 0
  mincurrent: 6
  maxcurrent: 16

site:
- title: Home
  meters:
    grid: grid1
    pv:
    - pv2

openHAB items:

Number:Power             EVCC_General_HomePower                     "General home power"                      {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:general#homePower"}
Number:Power             EVCC_General_PvPower                       "General pv power"                        {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:general#pvPower"}
Number:Power             EVCC_General_GridPower                     "General grid power"                      {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:general#gridPower"}
Number:Power             EVCC_General_ChargePower                   "Loadpoint0 charge power"                 {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#chargePower"}

Switch                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_Charging                   "Loadpoint0 charging"                     {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#charging"}
Switch                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_Enabled                    "Loadpoint0 enabled"                      {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#enabled"}
Number:ElectricCurrent   EVCC_Loadpoint0_MaxCurrent                 "Loadpoint0 max current"                  {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#maxCurrent"}
String                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_Mode                       "Loadpoint0 mode"                         {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#mode"}
String                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_VehicleTitle               "Loadpoint0 vehicle title"                {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#vehicleTitle"}
Number:Length            EVCC_Loadpoint0_VehicleRange               "Loadpoint0 vehicle range"                {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#vehicleRange",unit="km"}
Number:Dimensionless     EVCC_Loadpoint0_VehicleSoC                 "Loadpoint0 vehicle so c"                 {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#vehicleSoC"}
String                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_Title                      "Loadpoint0 title"                        {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#title"}
Number                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_Phases                     "Loadpoint0 phases"                       {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#phases"}
Number                   EVCC_Loadpoint0_ActivePhases               "Loadpoint0 active phases"                {channel="evcc:device:96ed971039:loadpoint0#activePhases"}

It doesnā€™t matter which car is connected. The problem is still the same with all EVs.
Anyone with the same problem? Any hints to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance!
Jens

Hi Jens,

I have the same setup, also with huawei-dongle-powersensor and see the same problems. With the latest evcc version 0.125.0, both PV Power and (Home) Battery Power/SoC dissapeared from the evcc Channels, I have issues with VehicleTitle a bit longer already, but that was not that important to me that I followed up on this.

I downgraded evcc to 0.124.10, now PV Power and Battery Power/SoC is working as expected again.

Thank you Grisnir! Good to know that I am not the only one with this issue.
Vehicle Title is not working longer than PvPower, I can confirm! I do not use a battery, thatā€™s why I cannot confirm this statement.
For me the VehicleTitle is important as well, thatā€™s why I donā€™t want to downgrade (which version worked with the title?). Hope there will be a fix in an upcoming version.

EVCC changed VehicleTitle to VehicleName and some other things. When you read this thread, there is explained what will happen.

I cannot find anything concerning renaming VehicleTitle in this topic (and yes I tried CTRL+F).
I switched the channel to VehicleName and now the item is NULL (instead of empty string with VehicleTitle).
In the bindings documentation, the channel is named VehicleTitle as well. May you can give me a hint?
Thanks!

You cant do anything until the binding is updatet.