Events fire multiple times in homematic

Hi,
I’m running openHAB 3.4.0 on a Raspberry 4 (Openhabian).
In my CCU3 is a HMIP-WRC2 and in tail -f /var/log/openhab/openhab.log /var/log/openhab/events.log I can see LONG_PRESS and SHORT_PRESS events being fired. So far so good - but why are those events being fired multiple times within millisecounds?

If I press a button at least 4 events are being fired - very quickly. I trying to use a rule to map the SHORT_PRESS (event) to an item.

Please don’t tell me that this is normal behaviour.

Hi - any answer to this one?

I just see the same behaviour on one of my HMIP-WRC2 devices (battery powered).

It fires 2x SHORT_PRESSED and 5x or so LONG_PRESSED…

Since I have a rule on SHORT_PRESSED to switch on a Shelly-Plug, this device is getting “toggled” twice within a moment, so that the state does not change :slight_smile:

This behaviour is new - the switch worked as expected some days back…

No screenshots for text contents please

I’ve created an item (switch) which I set to ON on the first event after checking if it is OFF. Any further events will be ignored and a timer resets the item after 2 sec.
Nasty, but effective. No idea why this is happening and as you can see I never got a reply to my question containing a solution. It could be the CCU or the plugin - no idea.

A debug log would be helpful (that is: log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.homematic in console, and then share an excerpt of the log which shows pressing a button once).