Events reported in homegear do not show in openHAB

Hi,

I am currently setting up my new openHAB installation (coming from FHEM). I am currently only using Homemaitc devices using a HM-CFG gateway and an additional homegear installation. The basic installation is working just fine. One problem I have is, that events that are reported in the homegear log do not seem to appear in the openhab log which results in values not beeing updated. One example:

I have dimmers of the type HM-LC-Dim1TPBU-FM. They can be actuated from openHAB, through homegear without any problem. I can set them to a level I want and the dimmer responds accordingly. But I noticed, that the level in openhab is always the last set level and not the actual level. So if I actuate the dimmer itself (not through software), the level is not correctly reported in openhab. The homegear log shows, that the event has been received and the LEVEL and LEVEL_REAL values of the dimmer have changed, but no such event appears in the openhab log (log setting to INFO).

Have I missed something when setting up the system? Is this a known issue?

Thanks and regards

Hi Jan,

it is hard to tell without having the log and configuration files visible. From my own experience it should work that way, but if you could post the mentioned files, I could take a look whether I find something.

Hi Kay,

thank you for your offer. I will try to provide you with all the information you need! I found out that the homematic binding itself seems to receive the new values from homegear but somehow it is not working anyway.

I am running openhab on Debian. It should be the latest stable build, The console states its 2.1.0 release build.

For the testing I used a rollershutter. Following you can see the log from homegear where it received the LEVEL information from the rollershutter:

10/30/17 10:53:08.925 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Info: WORKING on channel 1 of HomeMatic BidCoS peer 2 with serial number OEQ054XXXX was set to 0x02.
10/30/17 10:53:11.829 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Info: DIRECTION on channel 1 of HomeMatic BidCoS peer 2 with serial number OEQ054XXXX was set to 0x00.
10/30/17 10:53:11.829 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Info: LEVEL on channel 1 of HomeMatic BidCoS peer 2 with serial number OEQ054XXXX was set to 0x72.
10/30/17 10:53:11.829 Module HomeMatic BidCoS: Info: WORKING on channel 1 of HomeMatic BidCoS peer 2 with serial number OEQ054XXXX was set to 0x00.

The follwing is the openhab log on level DEBUG for the homematic binding and INFO for the rest of the system:

10:53:08.983 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '2' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#DIRECTION' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:08.983 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Double) value '0.585' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#LEVEL' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:08.983 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Boolean) value 'true' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#WORKING' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:11.889 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '0' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#DIRECTION' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:11.889 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Double) value '0.57' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#LEVEL' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:11.889 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Boolean) value 'false' for 'OEQ054XXXX:1#WORKING' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:14.852 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '-75' for 'OEQ014YYYY:0#RSSI_DEVICE' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:14.853 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '52' for 'OEQ014YYYY:1#HUMIDITY' from gateway with id 'homegear1'
10:53:14.853 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Double) value '21.8' for 'OEQ014YYYY:1#TEMPERATURE' from gateway with id 'homegear1'

My things file looks as follows (I have removed all other homematic devices to keep it compact, They have been defind the same way as the rollershutter):

Bridge homematic:bridge:homegear1[gatewayAddress="localhost"]
{
  Thing homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-HOMEGEAR1:homegear1:GWE00000000 "Gateway extras"

Thing homematic:HG-HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM:OEQ054XXXX "Rollladen Arbeitszimmer" @ "Arbeitszimmer"
}

The rollershutter item itself is defined as follows:

Rollershutter Rollershutter_Arbeitszimmer "Rollladen" {channel="homematic:HG-HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM:OEQ054XXXX:1#LEVEL"}

I am currently trying to set up a the development environment and debug the issue, but I am not quite an expert in java development so that could take some time :stuck_out_tongue:. I am gratefull for any help you can offer. If you need any further information just let me know!

I found the solution by myself. While researching the problem further I stumbeld uppon this post in the forum. I noticed that in OH i saw all my devices in the inbox, even though they also appeared in the thing configuration. The issue has been my Thing definition. The definition I posted previously worked partially (I could send commands, but would not received updates). I changed the configration as follows (see the additonal ‘homegear1’ in the Thing definition):

Bridge homematic:bridge:homegear1[gatewayAddress="localhost"]
{
  Thing homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-HOMEGEAR1:homegear1:GWE00000000 "Gateway extras"

Thing homematic:HG-HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM:homegear1:OEQ054XXXX "Rollladen Arbeitszimmer" @ "Arbeitszimmer"
}

After changing the item channel definition accordingly updates are now received properly.

But now I have noticed a new issue. The homematic binding is now repoting the following issues in the log for every device:

12:18:13.174 [WARN ] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Device with address 'OEQ054XXXX' not found on gateway 'homegear1'