Everspring SP816-1 motion sensor looking for a working model

Yes I’ve done several hard resets, many times in fact. Using the reset button on the stick itself

Well, I’m afraid that I can’t really provide a lot of help since we’re trying to work out what happened in the past.

1 Like

Hi all,

In order to eliminate the hardware as the issue, I installed an instance of Home Assistant and added the sensors were picked up correctly. I’m now pretty stumped :neutral_face:

Home Assistant only properly determines the sensor when it is first associated to the controller. Now you have it fully associated,
OpenHAB should now pick it up correctly if it is defined in the database used by your binding version. No need to exclude & re-include to the controller. In fact that is how I migrated to OpenHAB.

I’m also confused - previously you indicated that you only had a single device - why are there now 2 devices?

Also, you are now looking at a different issue. Previously we’ve been trying to explain why you had nodes 2, 3, 4 etc when there was only a single node in the network - the issue was not that the nodes hadn’t been discovered. If you had asked about them being discovered, then the answer is that they simply need to be woken up so that the binding can interrogate them.

So it seems the devices were a sleep and they are working correctly now,

For the Lux sensor on the Aeotec Tri Sensor, their website says that lux is measured 0~30000 LUX. In Openhab I’ve seen values ranging from 0 to about 600 (on a very bright day). Would you know how these values equate to luminosity (i.e the max threshold, which presumably would be 30000 on the device?) Or maybe that is the raw data from the device itself.

Motion%20sensor%20working

Great work on the binding by the way, and there’s a pretty impressive list of supported devices, some of which are on my Christmas wish-list :slight_smile:

The binding just passes along what is provided by the device. Sometimes the documentation may have your answer.
It is quite a chore trying to locate the zwave documentation we need. I have been working on getting that information where possible.

EDIT. I notice the report threshold can be set up to 10000 Lux. That may be the reported unit. There is also a setting to calibrate it with a light meter comparison and a formula.