Evohome binding 2.0

oh2bindings
evohome
honeywell
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f212c6c5fd0> #<Tag:0x00007f212c6c5d78> #<Tag:0x00007f212c6c5b70>

(Opsym) #116

I am in Europe.

My explanation of what it going might not be complete. I get the 500 error in the Paper user interface when I configure my Evohome account. I might an issue not related to the binding itself. I checked the file settings on the server but cannot find any issues. Any ideas what could be wrong?

(Michael Cumming) #117

Thank you for the update.

Mike

(jvanzuijlen) #118

Honestly, no. Could you perhaps post a screen shot?

(Opsym) #119

This is what I see after I press the Blue checkmark

(jvanzuijlen) #120

Seems like a 500 from the server. Another question: can you reach your device via this app?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.honeywell.totalconnectcomforteurope

(Opsym) #121

I have used the Honeywell app for some time.
Until recently I even had the EvoHome binding 1.8 running
The error 500 started to occur when I upgraded the binding.

(jvanzuijlen) #122

Strange, not sure what it could be. Please bear with me since I’m releasing a new version shortly. I’ll double check to make sure that there is logging available for these connection issues.

(¯\_(ツ)_/¯) #123

I had to reinstall my rpi with openhab 2.3.0, downloaded latest release of the evohome binding, and now i cannot do anything with the binding, if i drop it in addons, i can see to add a thing for it, but after clicking it, the page stays blank.

Edit: after putting the user openhab in the uucp group, it worked.

(jvanzuijlen) #124

Adding to the uucp group, that’s interesting info. Is that needed for all internet enabled bindings?

(¯\_(ツ)_/¯) #125

Well, thats the weird part, i did that so i could read my zwave stick :open_mouth:
So i don’t know, maybe.

(¯\_(ツ)_/¯) #126

I just found out that there is an update for the Evotouch WiFi version which shows which valves are open, and how far open in %, now that’s a feature im missing in my old Evotouch, but now i wonder, can you see that with the evohome app?

(Opsym) #127

I did another try using binding 2.2.2 v3.
In the openhab.log file I found the following error which might provide a clue.

2018-10-12 11:45:49.917 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing    ] - [org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager(87)] The addThingHandlerFactory method has thrown an exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/binding/evohome/EvohomeBindingConstants
    at org.openhab.binding.evohome.internal.EvohomeHandlerFactory.supportsThingType(EvohomeHandlerFactory.java:47) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.lambda$9(ThingManager.java:979) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:404) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.lambda$8(ThingManager.java:978) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:948) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.handleThingHandlerFactoryAddition(ThingManager.java:977) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.addThingHandlerFactory(ThingManager.java:948) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:229) ~[39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:39) ~[39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:650) ~[39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:506) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.invoke(BindMethod.java:658) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1722) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1699) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.invokeBindMethod(SingleComponentManager.java:372) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:320) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
  at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:291) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1215) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1136) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:945) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:881) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1167) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:127) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:920) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:469) [?:?]
     at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:887) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
     at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:874) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
     at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:132) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:941) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:741) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:675) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:430) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:657) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:341) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:390) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:54) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:265) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
 at org.apache.felix.utils.extender.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:254) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.apache.felix.utils.extender.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:227) [39:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) [?:?]
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) [?:?]
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) [?:?]
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:908) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:168) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
    at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.Restart.doExecute(Restart.java:51) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.execute(BundlesCommand.java:52) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.action.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:84) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:68) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:86) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:571) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:497) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:386) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
 2018-10-12 11:45:49.940 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing   ] - [org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider(194)] The addThingHandlerFactory method has thrown an exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/binding/evohome/EvohomeBindingConstants
    at org.openhab.binding.evohome.internal.EvohomeHandlerFactory.supportsThingType(EvohomeHandlerFactory.java:47) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.isSupportedByThingHandlerFactory(GenericThingProvider.java:473) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.createThing(GenericThingProvider.java:393) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.lambda$26(GenericThingProvider.java:930) ~[?:?]
    at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[?:?]

(Alberto) #128

Hi
I’m back on my openhab 2 installation
winter is coming so it is time for activating evohome binding

but I hadn’t any success…

I tried to put org.openhab.binding.evohome-2.2.0.jar file in the addons directory
/usr/share/openhab2/addons

I was expecting to see the binding in paperUI

I reboot the Pi, but no way to see evohome binding anywhere

• not found in karaf boundle:list
  • not found any evohome issue in the events.log
  • no issue in paperUI for evohome neither in binding nor in things

I’m running openhab 2.3.0-1 on a raspberry with stretch but started with openhabian SD

something is wrong…
any suggestion?

(Opsym) #129

You can try in karaf:
bundle:install https://github.com/Nebula83/openhab2-addons/releases/download/evohome-2.2.0-3/org.openhab.binding.evohome-2.2.0.jar

(Alberto) #130

Opsym, thank you for the hint!

I followed it and now in karaf I see the binding active

only I’m confused as I can’t see the evohome-2.2.0.jar anywhere…

in the meanwhile, let me go to understand how to use it

(Jonathan Bastin) #131

Want to say a missive thanks to your work on this one, it is working really well. Have it setup in my sitemap and working well. Only issue I have is that it has left me wanting more. Is there any chance of adding the hot water reading and allowing overrides to a certain time as well as the current perminant.

(Beeckmans Olivier) #132

Hello Thanks for your work.

It work fine with my Evohome !

Is there a way to show remote relay activity, or radiator head battery level ?

Thanks in advance

(Leo Siepel) #133

I’m about to buy a multizone heating solution like evohome. When i look at domoticz, they use the cloud and also offer connectivity through a honeywell usb device (HGI80). While https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2342 is about to be merged, i’m wondering if support for the usb device is planned.
I just don’t like to be depend on cloud stuff for these devices.

background: https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Evohome

(jvanzuijlen) #134

@jonathanb Thanks! I’m glad it works for you :slight_smile: Please see my https://github.com/Nebula83/openhab2-addons/issues for info on currently identified bug or enhancements. Give the item of you liking a +1, I’ll use the amount of votes as a means to determine the next feature I’ll be picking up.

@Beeckmans0 Honestly, I have no idea… If it is exposed through the API I can create a channel for it. Please create an issue on github stating your wishes (a new issue for each please :slight_smile: ). We can discuss the details there.

@lsiepel Since I don’t own a HGI80, and have no plans to buying one, I don’t think it’s going to be in there soon. That is unless someone is willing to sponsor me one :grin: or is willing to do the work themselves ::wink:

(Michael Cumming) #135

I looked into the HG180 as I like the idea of not being cloud based as well. Product discontinued in 2016.