Evohome binding 2.0

I solved it, just disabled the Account Thing en reenabled it, now it found the new hardware. :slight_smile:

When setting a SetPoint via the Evohome binding, it always becomes a permanent override isn’t it?
And by setting it to 0 it return to FollowSchedule.

Is it also possible to set a (temporary) override until the next time block according to the schedule?

Hi Peter,

Good to see that you fixed the issue.
On the override topic: this was proposed and made it as a PR by another, but then got closed. I don’t have the time right now to implement it, so it’s still in limbo. All it really needs is a someone to restructure some of the code. The function on it’s own is already working.

I had this issue again recently with only one of my HR92 thermostats. I decided to unlink all, delete items and thing for that device and re discovered it and and created same items as before and all worked again fine. I’ll keep this as the repair procedure should this issue happen again.

1 Like

Have you tried restarting the binding from the Karaf console?

Hi,

Maybe its the open window mode and it has nothing to do with openHAB
I will testing this tonight I will het them on. but I saw that one of the 3 radiators was sending een off command to the evohome. so i checked up the forums of honywell. because i had the same problem like you.

you have the open window mode if a cold wind reach your hr92 it will turn automatic off.
you can disable it on hr92 setting hold the button go to parameter 11 and set it to 0

I let you guys know.

Update: it was the openwindow mode in my case, no problems after turn off the open window setting

I have one heating zone that always changing to the offline status with
COMMUNICATION_ERROR

TempZoneActuatorCommunicationLost

in the TTC it is working fine.

I’m living in Belgirum, using OH3 at the moment, but 1 week ago I had the same issue when running on OH2.

Any Idea why for one zone this can be the situation?

It would be nice that in the future can be added that you can change from a time to a time the temperature. Then I can specify the use of a location in my google calendar and when connected via iCalendar also update the planning in my EvoHome system. And when doing it in this way you can use the optimizer off the EvoHome system in place of trying to provide an own one to program in the OH environment.

Does this Binding work for North American TCC accounts? I checked the notes and issues log and it says it was solved by “Home Assistant”, but the link no longer works.

Hi @jvanzuijlen

Thanks for the work in developing this binding. I’ve just today loaded OH3 and 3.0.1 version of the evohome binding. I know the Documentation refers to this supporting heating zones, but I was wondering if you have any plans to extend it to include the stored hot water that my evohome system also controls?

Many thanks

Any responses?

No it does not.

I wrote this to interface with OH via MQTT

Ah, great! Thanks. I have your python part running and working. Do you have any tips on hooking the MQTT feed in to OH3?

Got it working. See [OH3] MQTT Setup and Configuration. For details.

I had assumed that the OH3 System Broker Bridge would do the same thing as mosquito, but the mosquito route works.

Great, did all the thermostats populate correctly?

Yup. Everything worked fine once I got the broker going.

Seems to be working well. Thanks for the help and pointer!!

As per request Units of Measure have been added to the binding. Would be nice if someone is avaialble to test the update: See: [evohome] Setpoint Send command 0 doesn't cancel the permanent override · Issue #9007 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

3.4.x "version for testing UoM + null annotations:

I have installed this version. Currently I use: openHAB 3.4.0.M5. Binding works without anz issue. If I have anz problem I report here.
Isn’t it possible to add hot water temp. reading?

What hot water do you exactly mean? It probably depends on your boiler if it supports the reading, but willing to give it a try if you can be more precise on the expected channel.

Hi,

I upgraded to OH4.0.1 and the binding seems to be broken.

I changed my Number items to Number:Temperature as mentioned in documentation.
Retrieving the values from API seem to be fine, but changing the target temperature by modifying the “Set Point” channel doesn’t work.

I changed the logging to TRACE mode.
When I change the set point value, no requests to the api are being send or logged.

added this issue as seperate topic: Evohome binding on OH4.0.1 not working