Examples of HABPanel Solutions

Hello!
It is possible to make a custom widget that would show the state of the item as a dummy, but would be a button to navigate to another panel? In this case, the transition to another panel would be carried out only on this device?

Yes.
In HABpanel main settings, there is, at the bottom, a place to do this.
First create two ITEM in an .items file

For example:

Switch newPanel

String HABpanel

Add this switch to the first HABpanel dashboard with suitable labels

In HABpanel main settings, where it says:

Switch dashboard with item value
When this item changes to a dashboard’s name, switch to it:

Select your new item, HABpanel from the pull down list.

Create a rule:

rule “Change dashboards”

when

Item newPanel changed

then

HABpanel.postUpdate("name of new dashboard")   

end

Thank you for your help. I’m sure my English is very bad, so you did not understand my question. When switching to another panel, in your example, the transition will occur on all devices, and I need only on the current one. In standard widgets, there is a widget button, it has the action of switching to another panel, it’s very cool! But on this button you can place only the icon, and I need to display the status of the selected item.
Thank you!

Not sure about the second part but one way to do the first part would have the same panel configuration for each of your panels, but with a different Panel configuration name. It could be a real pain though, depending on how many panels you had, to modify something on all of them.

About 90 widgets, each of which should open its panel. It is very important that this is not reflected on other devices.

Yes, it’s not perfect yet, but it’s a start. The image widget unfortunately does not automatically resize the images. I’m sure this can be fixed using a custom image widget, but have not looked into that yet.

Thank You, It’s a start Which I’ll look into :grinning: :grin:

Hey Patrick, your panel is looking great! Do you have any charts going yet in the same style?

Yes, but only using Grafana. Are you using it?

Hey Again

This is what I’ve done so far…

I just wanted to ask if anyone has done a satusbar for Kodi on the Habpanel…

And also for the buttons I wanted to add icons, I am familier with HTML and CSS, but what I wanted to do is to get the stock functions from the habpanel itself rather then rendering a mini page that displays a picture and sends a command

3 Likes

Hi @bwhouse
I really like the frontail showing the logs but after the install I get lost on the usage part.
Can you tell me the command to use to display the log file for just a standard install.

UPDATE
Never mind @bwhouse I figured it out. I guess it was just too easy I thought I was missing something.
Turns out I just needed to navigate to the server IP using port 9001 and it was working after the install.

UPDATE 2

I just figured out frontail is an available Optional Component in the configuration tool.
So anyone wanting to use the Log screen can install frontail from there then just enter your server IP address and port number 9001 in the web frame Url field.

Hello Nduzi,

your panel looks fine. Could you tell me, how you implemented it?

It is a bit mixed up😁 I will have to review then I’ll share, It is various
codes that I’ve picked up there and there, But I will share

Hello,

Welcome to the openHAB community forum. Please post in English only!
Thank you!

Hello,
I also played a little bit around…

At the moment it is only a demo (and by the way that’s not my house)!

So that’s the result of my experiment (based @Dim #s exapmle and @ysc 's example and iconset):

4 Likes

Hello NB

can you pls explain how you achieved this?
How did you get the pictures in the background of your switches? Are the switches still in the pattern?

This looks like a alternative to a floorplan, which also would be great.

THX
Daniel

check @ysc’s example here:

1 Like

I assume all 6 pics are different dashboards, or are they frames? Im new to habpanel…

As I said it was an experiment, but in my eyes it looks very nice (provided your home is tidy), so I will try to describe it next week,
At this time i only can say that is one dashboard, the 6 picture are all own templates and it’s really based on the examples (@Dim already linked them and as he said you have to get your hands dirty with HTML and CSS)!

Its beautiful. Ive stayed away from habpanel, really liked rotini, but…so here i am. Not a programmer though