Examples of HABPanel Solutions

@tnemrap
Nice one.

How did you archive to make your navigation bar (the top bar) translucent?

Mine looks like this:

With a transparent bar, it would look a bit nicer.

1 Like

Any tips on getting frontail installed on a rpi? I tried installing and when I try to run from a command line I get a syntax error

Hey Andrew,

There are some isntructions in here https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues/28
\Works like a charm for me

unfortunately not for me.

(habpanel is installed so I assume I have some sort of node.js alreadyinstalled…)

I tried this:

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_7.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt install nodejs
npm i frontail -g

then

frontail -t dark -p 8889 --ui-highlight /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frontail/index.js:3
const connect = require('connect');
^^^^^
SyntaxError: Use of const in strict mode.
    at Module._compile (module.js:439:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/frontail/bin/frontail:2:1)

Hi @Andrew_Pawelski

The link that Tom provided has the info I think you need.

This is the part that worked for me…

If you find that part in the thread and follow it you should be up and running.

You should see it in your browser at http://openhabianpi:9001/. I’ve not tried it from the command line yet.

hi I ran the 3 lines for the dependencies and then thought I could start frontail from the commandline

frontail -t dark -p 8889 --ui-highlight /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log

but got the error shown above

perhaps I should uninstall everything and try again?

any idea how to uninstall an npm package?

Check if your nodejs is up to date.
If so, and the problem still occurs you might want to submit an issue on frontail’s github as it’s issue on tool’s side.

Uninstalling npm package is as easy as:

npm uninstall -g frontail

Hi that was it - I reran nodejs installer and it actually removed some things then installed and im up and running - thanks all for the support

1 Like

Hi @Basem_AlSaeed, I’m going to have a go at setting something like this up.

When you say you modified the Kodi Web interface, can you give an idea of how you did that?

Then the challenge would be to make a multi-room console for all the playing items :slight_smile:

1 Like

To answer my own question :neutral_face::joy:

The transparent navigation bar on top can be done by adding the following code to a template widget:

<style>
	.header{
  	background : rgba(0,0,0,.0);
  }
</style>

Unfortunately this will just work for one dashboard page, so there is no option to have it on the main page (room selection) as well.

3 Likes

I have not done any special running Chrome and Translucent.

/Mike

Do you use the last stable release of habpanel (the openhab 2 one) or any newer?

Edit: Ah okay. I did update to the nightly version from yesterday and now it looks as good as on your screenshot.

How did you set Up the Google calendar?

As an embedded Google Calander.

http://www.steegle.com/websites/google-sites-howtos/embed-multiple-calendars

/Mike

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to refresh HabPanel automatically, not with the update button at the top. Thanks!

Does your HABPanel automatically refresh? Or do you have to use the refresh button?

1 Like

Hi,

There is a whole thread about this (search for “Should HABPanel refresh”), but HABPanel is supposed to refresh automatically. However it does not work properly for everybody. In my case it depends on the device, and I have a very strong indications (99.9% sure) it is because of problem with Sophos (virus scanner / protection software) and SSE (Server Sent Events, used by HABPanel). On our devices without Sophos, HABPanel refreshes automatically (my daughters windows 10 laptop, a tablet, and my phone). On my own laptop, windows 10 as well but with Sophos, it does not refresh.

There are on the forum also some reports from people with tablets where refresh works for a while, and then stops. Probably this is related to some sleep mode of those particular tablets.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll check it out.

Still in progress!

Some notes:
Using alarm shield I can enable/disable security (away, stay). Shield color changes to red if system is armed.
Blurred “working hard” image changes automatically based on location. As soon as I enter my driveway it changes to “I am home” and garage door opens. If I am not home or work it says “stuck in traffic” :smile:

Audio widget designed to control iTunes (choose radio station) and airplay in house. Video widget controls TV and displays channel name and what is playing.

9 Likes

This looks awesome :slight_smile: