Exec Binding to control Sony Bravia

In the log file I have: “[nding.sony.internal.dial.DialHandler] - Attempting connection to DIAL device…”

This is the first binding I try to install manually and I can’t get this to work.

I run openhabian with openHAB2 on a Pi
I took org.openhab.binding.sony-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT, unzipped and copied the xx.jar to /usr/shared/openhab2/addons
Restarted openhab service
Expected result: Sony binding will surface in PaperUI
Actual result: Nothing. Looked in the log - nothing.

It seems like openHAB isn’t picking up the .jar file - do I miss a config setting or?

Hi Torben,

did you take the latest binding form here?
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/files/1455754/org.openhab.binding.sony-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.zip

There was some component his .jar was relying on and it got removed with one of the latest openhab 2.2.0 snapshots.
He fixed it with the latest post in his pull request. (the above link)

Yes, I’m using the latest binding. Just rechecked and still no luck??

Is there anyway in the logs I can see if a binding is being recognized? I have Sonos and that works fine, but I can’t find a line in the log that says e.g. “xx Binding loaded”

In Karaf console:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.bindig.sony

Then:

log:tail  

Revert by setting INFO instead of DEBUG.

Got it to work - turns out the unzipping killled the jar. Doing a wget directly from the console + unzip fixed it.

Next problem. It shows Status: “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Access Code requested. Please update the Access Code with what is shown on the device screen.”

Where do I find the Access Code?? My TV is BRAVIA KD-55X8505B

If my binding shows as online with Webscalar selected, does that mean Webscalar is supported? It’s a KDL55-829B

Hi Simon

Has the Bravia binding been confirmed with openHAB 2.2