Exec.whitelist not used until edit/save after rebooting

I have a few exec binding commands used in rules. I made misc/exec.whitelist and works. Until I reboot the pi. Then it doesn’t see or use the whitelist file. I have to open the file, edit a line (like just hit enter), and save it. Then it is immediately found and used.

Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make it work properly on boot?

1 Like

This is a bug and already fixed.

1 Like

Ok… So what update do I need to do in order to make this bug go away??

1 Like

Go get the latest binding snapshot from openhab.org.

1 Like

Could you, or someone, be a little more specific and instructional??

1 Like

See Whitelist on Windows and drop the mentioned file in your addons folder (/usr/share/openhab2/addons)

1 Like

There’s numerous links to various builds in there. Should I really be grabbing the latest exec from this https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/webapp/#/builds/openHAB2.5.x-Addons/?

I presume I need to remove the PaperUI installed exec binding first?

1 Like

2x yes.

1 Like

Thx.

1 Like

I got the same problem … and also every time I reboot the exec.whitelist is not recognized anymore … :-/

How can i download the latest exec binding? I didn’t find any possibility to download any file.

And the second question, how can i install it after it’s downloaded? :slight_smile:

To my little setup: I run openHabian 2.5.2 on an RPi 3

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If nothing unforeseen happens, we‘ll have 2.5.3 by tomorrow. That contains a fix for this issue.

2 Likes

I am on OH 2.5.3 and this doesn’t work for me (on 2.5.2 I was using manually isntalled add-on 2.5.1). Can people confirm that works for them? My setup below (as I understand it should be correct but maybe you can spot some obvious mistake). I created exec.whitelist file with vi and didn’t use any tricks for dos2unix or back. Location of this file as per another thread should be correct too in my opinion.

2020-03-20 11:58:20.646 [WARN ] [ng.exec.internal.handler.ExecHandler] - Tried to execute '/home/pi/is_night.sh', but it is not contained in whitelist.

pi@dom-pi:~ $ cd $OPENHAB_HOME
pi@dom-pi:/usr/share/openhab2 $ ls
addons  LICENSE.TXT  misc  runtime  start_debug.sh  start.sh

pi@dom-pi:/usr/share/openhab2/misc $ more exec.whitelist
/home/pi/adblock_off.sh
/home/pi/adblock_on.sh
/home/pi/cam_record.sh
/home/pi/checkweek.sh
/home/pi/ipcam_init.sh
/home/pi/ipcam_rotate.sh
/home/pi/is_night.sh

pi@dom-pi:/usr/share/openhab2/misc $
pi@dom-pi:/usr/share/openhab2/misc $ ls -la exec.whitelist
-rw-r--r-- 1 openhab openhab 162 Mar 20 10:30 exec.whitelist

1 Like

Do what I do and never use the whitelist version of the binding.

1 Like