Experiencing occasional Random delay in rule execution

Thanks, that was actually a typo. That light was only supposed to get one command, the off command.

Ill take a look at that. thank you!

Okey dokey. You are still banging out six commands in 20 milliseconds, it’s something of a stress test.

I have several scenes that turn on and off several lights. For instance, my “Leaving Scene” turns off all of my indoor lights. I have other scenes that turn most of the lights off but certain ones on.

In cases where I am activating multiple lights at once, should i put a small delay between them? like Thread::sleep(100ms)?

No. Let the lower protocol layers serialize and handles these commands.

On the practical side, it would be interesting to temporarily find out if it did help. But yes, the binding should be running a queue, as required by the technology involved.

Where that goes wrong is when the tech involved is “fire and forget”, i.e. the binding cannot tell if a command gets lost in a poorly performing network, and so is unable to retry. That applies whether you are sending commands quickly or slowly, of course. But maybe ‘quickly’ actually adds to the poor performance.