Exposing Brightness AND Color Temperature to one Alexa Endpoint

I am about to move all my ZigBee Bulbs (have Ikea and Hue) from the Ikea tradfri gateway to zigbee2mqtt. All of these things should also be exposed to Alexa.

Using the gateway, I get a Lamp in the Alexa app that supports both brightness AND color temperature. So I can tell Alexa “Alexa set livingroom to warm white”. Unfortunately I didn’t manage it yet to expose a combined brightness and color temperature thing to alexa. It can only set the brightness - not color temperature.

Here my current configuration:

kueche.items:

Group gKueche "Küche" (screen)
Group gAlexaKueche "Küchengruppe" {alexa="Endpoint.Light"}

String REMOTE_HUE_KUECHE "Remote Kueche" <light> (gKueche) {channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:hueDimmerSwitch:hueDimmerSwitchButton"}

Dimmer LIGHT_KUECHE "Küche Licht" <slider> (gKueche) {channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:bulbHueKueche:brightness"}
Dimmer LIGHT_KUECHE_COLOR_TEMPERATURE "Kueche Farbe" <ColorLight> (gKueche) {channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:bulbHueKueche:color_temperature"}

Switch SWITCH_DUMMY_KUECHE "Kueche" (gKueche)

Dimmer DIMMER_ALEXA_KUECHE "Küche" (gKueche, gAlexaKueche) {alexa="PowerController.powerState,BrightnessController.brightness" [category="LIGHT"]}
Dimmer COLOR_TEMPERATURE_ALEXA_KUECHE "Küche Color" (gKueche, gAlexaKueche) {alexa="ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}

This exposes to Alexa DIMMER_ALEXA_KUECHE and COLOR_TEMPERATURE_ALEXA_KUECHE. These dummy items are mapped via rules to the real items.

According to the openhab documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/ecosystem/alexa/#group-endpoint I created the group Endpoint gAlexaKueche that contains the brightness and the color temperature dimmer, like in the linked documentation.

This group is found by Alexa without problems, unfortunately it’s only possible to change the brightness, not the color temperature.

What might I be doing wrong?

Found the issue.
The documentation seems to be wrong. In the example, it’s named “ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin”, whilst it has to be named “ColorTemperatureController.colorTemperatureInKelvin”.

Works like a charm now :wink:

1 Like