Extensions Missing in PaperUI & Habmin

After upgrading from the beta3 to snapshot build #456, I am no longer seeing anything listed in the Extensions menu. I have attempted to clear cache, no improvement. This issue is happening in chrome and Edge. I attempted Microsoft Edge, and get worse response, with no initial page showing up. Habmin also does not show anything for the bindings or extensions.

Ran into this a few times; a total purge (I am using the apt-get method for installation) and new installation seem to have been the only reliable that I could figure out.
When using the online version I additionally have encountered that only very few (seemingly arbitrarily selected) extension showed up (I left the system alone for a day in the hope that will populate as indicated in some posts, but nothing). Offline definitely seems to work better:

https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-2-beta-3-bindings-not-downloading-installing/11539/7

Sorry, hopefully someone else has a better idea, would be very interested in hearing it…

Just to be clear, the extensions are installed and working, there are just no extensions listed (installed nor uninstalled status) in the extensions page of paperui. Is that the same issue you had?

Yup, the extensions I had been using were still there and working, just only a handful were listed under the extensions tab (and nothing under any of the other tabs).

Thanks. What do you mean by “total purge” ?

Interesting additional info… i was in habmin and found extension management under services. I selected true on all the options and saved. The 1.x and experimental bindings now show up. None of the others do.

I am using the apt-get method for installing and therefore also for uninstalling.
Apt-get comes with a few options one is remove:

sudo apt-get remove <package-name>

where stands for either openhab2-offline or openhab2-online depending on what you use of course.
This option leaves all dependencies and config files in place though (which is often desired).
a harsher method involves

sudo apt-get purge <package-name>

which pretty much removes everything [edit: everything related to the package], including all config files, in other words all items rules and other files…(you have been warned)
i have also followed up with ‘apt-get clean’, probably overkill, but I wanted to start from scratch…
For more details please feel free to google apt-get is pretty versatile
Hope that helps

Yes, thanks for the response. I"ll hang on as long as I can hoping for a solution vs a full purge. Thankfully, everything seems to be working fine at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder if the following is applicable to my issue. I noticed that it is still referencing b3, which I recently switched from beta to snapshot. Should I still be seeing beta references?

`2016-09-05 08:13:00.432 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifactorg.openhab.distro:openhab-aggregate-xml:xml:features:2.0.0.b3:Could not find artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-aggregate-xml:xml:features:2.0.0.b3 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-aggregate-xml:xml:features:2.0.0.b3 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:615)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:570)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:548)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:523)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:123)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1045)[:1.8.0_101]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryImpl.load(RepositoryImpl.java:91)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.4]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryImpl.load(RepositoryImpl.java:85)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.4]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.getFeatures(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:637)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.4]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.listInstalledFeatures(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:682)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.4]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.isInstalled(FeatureInstaller.java:309)[162:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.b3]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.installFeature(FeatureInstaller.java:274)[162:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.b3]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.installPackage(FeatureInstaller.java:287)[162:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.b3]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.access$3(FeatureInstaller.java:283)[162:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.b3]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller$1.run(FeatureInstaller.java:127)[162:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.b3]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_101]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_101]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_101]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-aggregate-xml:xml:features:2.0.0.b3 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.ArtifactTransportListener.transferFailed(ArtifactTransportListener.java:39)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$TaskRunner.run(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:355)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.util.concurrency.RunnableErrorForwarder$1.run(RunnableErrorForwarder.java:67)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$DirectExecutor.execute(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:581)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:249)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:520)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.5]

Purge and installation of offline version has corrected the issue. Unfortunate to have to go through the hoops to get the extensions back.

Thanks again for the help.

-tp

@tpmcleod24 Sorry that you had to do that, I know that it is no fun to have to do that… please share if you find a better solution…but good to hear that all is well now
Sorry for the late reply, went offline for 2w of vacation (Barcelona, highly recommend it :slight_smile: )

I also experienced this after upgrading from beta 4 to beta 5! I cannot see any bindings to install or uninstall in either paper ui or habmin. Besides bindings, others such as persistence seem to be missing as well. I think they’re all missing.

Should we submit a bug?

I just upgraded to beta5 without any problems.
If not done so would suggest you purge your installation and try a clean reinstall.

Note: You may want to search the forum for backup solutions for your item, rule, etc files and back them up before purging to make the process a little less cumbersome.

Thanks. I did purge and reinstall and that fixed the issue.

Still, I wonder if this is acceptable behavior or not.

While the need to occasionally have to do clean (re-)installs is clearly not desirable, we must not forget that OH2 is still in beta…and I am saying this will all my gratitude to the developers that provide us with a great open-source tool…

Sure. But isn’t the point of beta to report issues? To your point, I’m not sure if this is an issue or not.

Just wanted to let know you know that I’ve had the same problem after upgrading to Beta 5 (no entries in PaperUi > Extensions). After enabling the following 3 options, they appeared again :slight_smile:

"Configuration > System > Extension Management

• [… ] > Include Legacy 1.x Bindings
  • […] > Access Remote Repositiories
  • […] > Include Experimental Extensions

You can disable them after that and it still works.

Hi Florian,

I’m also seeing this after upgrading to Beta5, but don’t see Extension Management on the Configuration > System page of Paper UI. I only see Item Linking, Locale and Persistance. Am I looking in the right place?

Yes.

Another option is to edit your addons.cfg:

remote = true
legacy = true

then restart.
This problems likely occurs when upgrading from a very old build, f.e. beta4: