Failed installing addons

The my addons.config confirm that the value false is set:

cat /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config
:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"29"
action=“telegram”
binding=“modbus,astro,mqtt,exec,weather1,ntp,tplinksmarthome,opensprinkler,bosesoundtouch,samsungtv,satel,openweathermap,solaredge,network,http1,hpprinter,gree,avmfritz”
misc=“openhabcloud,ruleengine,gcal1”
package=“standard”
persistence=“influxdb,mapdb”
remote="false"
service.pid=“org.openhab.addons”
transformation=“regex,jsonpath,javascript,map”
ui=“basic,paper,habpanel,classic,habmin,restdocs”

Maybe there is some other file that needs to be deleted?

This is the addons file:

ll /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
total 191M
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 openhab openhab 4.0K Nov 1 19:40 ./
drwxrwxr-x+ 4 openhab openhab 4.0K Apr 3 2021 …/
-rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 191M Nov 1 18:10 openhab-addons-2.5.12.kar

1 Like

Phoa I feel so left alone with version 2.5… from one day to another it stopped working and this error started to occure, which killed my system as log was flooded.

• I downloaded this version below here… JFrog

• then I put remote and it started now again but errors comses back an backup does not work any longer

Main issue is that I used extensively mqtt bridge 1.1 and this new version of the bridge is not half as good than the old version was.
=> now I would have to rewrite everything.

Anyone knows a good alternative to Openhab that handles MQTT nicely like OH2 v2.5 with mqtt bridge 1.1 did? I bet that I am not the only one disappointed …

Your post is not really helpfull to solve your issues. Even after bintray shutdown, there are many users running openHAB 2.5.x.

You should post your log so we can see your isdue.
After placing the addons kar into addons folder you have set remote to false? Did you restart after that?

As much as I appreciate the work done on this project, this kind of thing is really a shame and again makes me want to look at the alternative options.(just like @lobocobra )
The problem created here forces an undocumented workaround.
In the meantime, only version 3.x seems to be properly supported. I’d consider upgrading, but it seems I have to learn everything from scratch (AGAIN) like I did moving from 1.x to 2.x - but even this is a waste of time, since many of the existing binding have not yet ported over (e.g. Lightwaverf) - meaning 3.x can not work for me yet.

Maybe someone can help me. I was on 2.5.11 and now, after a general update of the packages on my system, I was upgraded to 2.5.12. Now nothing works anymore. I already copied the kar files to the addons directory, I moved all settings from /var/lib/openhab/config/org/openhab/addons.config to /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg and deleted the former, and still things do not work. While the startup initially looks ok, it seems that many items are not loaded and are not known to the system, generating all kinds of issues. Does anyone have anything else to try?

What kind of warnings / error messages do you have in the openhab.log file ?

The issue is that many items were not known in rules or when loading the sitemap, leading to multiple error messages. Now what I did is a touch on all item files, and slowly the items are known (I guess this now took an hour on a Raspberry Pi 4). I am still not sure that all items and group memberships are fully reestablished now. I also noticed that the mail binding does not work, with the message

2022-01-08 17:03:53.752 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Error during the execution of startup rule 'Reset Expire Items Upon Startup (otherwise some expire items do not work)': 'sendMail' is not a member of 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingActions'; line 27, column 2, length 141

Could this be from deleting the cache? I am a bit weary now to re-start the system again to see if a subsequent restart works better.

Yes, this is pretty routine after an upgrade.

Thanks a lot. So what is the recommendation for action? Just wait? Do another touch on all *.items, *.rules, *.things, *.persist to ensure that all are properly refreshed? Do another restart of the OH service but without clearing the cache? All of the above? If so, in what order? Thanks a lot in advance!

Btw, now I am getting tons of errors like this one:

resolution of uriFragment '|::0.2.0.2.0.0.0.6.6::0::/1' failed.

I am really not sure what to do.

Or, small update. I was brave and did another regular restart of the OH service and now the startup was much more normal and a lot faster. Only few (startup) error messages, and I think I am on the way to a working system again. Also the mail binding is working again. So the take-away of this experience is that, in addition to the steps described above, another restart may be needed to sort out the issues with the cleared cache startup. This may also have to do with a complex installation with many bindings, items, and rules and a rather weak machine (RPi 4).