Failed installing 'openhab-binding-fritzboxtr064'

Version: 2.5.9 (Build)
System: Host: rpi3ohv2 Kernel: 5.4.51-v7+ armv7l bits: 32 Console: tty 2
Distro: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

I am in the process of migrating v1 bindings to v2.

I tried to use the Fritzbox v2 binding by changing this line in the addon.cfg from

binding = astro,exec,logreader,network,ntp,systeminfo,fritzboxtr0641,expire1,mqtt1,weather1

to

binding = astro,exec,logreader,network,ntp,systeminfo,fritzboxtr064,expire1,mqtt1,weather1

Note the removal of 1 from fritzboxtr0641

The change is reflected in /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"1"
action="mail,mqtt"
binding="astro,exec,logreader,network,ntp,systeminfo,fritzboxtr064,expire1,mqtt1,weather1"
legacy="true"
persistence="rrd4j,mapdb"
remote="true"
service.pid="org.openhab.addons"
transformation="map,javascript,xslt,scale,jsonpath"
ui="paper,basic,classic,restdocs,habpanel"

However, it resulted in this error:

2020-10-24 09:58:24.046 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-fritzboxtr064'

I also stopped OH, deleted /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config, started OH, resulting in the same error msg. OH recreated the addons.config file correctly and as expected.

When I change back to v1 by adding the ‘1’ all is sweet.

2020-10-24 10:02:54.671 [INFO ] [b.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - FritzboxTr064 Refresh Service has been started

I was looking for the addons directory to check, whether the .jar is present, but I could neither locate it in /usr/share/openhab2/addons nor /opt/openhab2/addons.

Any hints appreciated.

I cant see it in the list?

1 Like

Hmm, always something new to learn…
Didn’t know about htis site…

Do I read this correctly that there is no v2, hence, no support for the Fritzbox in OHv3?

openhab> feature:list | grep -i fritz
openhab-binding-avmfritz                          │ 2.5.6            │          │ Uninstalled │ openhab-addons-2.5.6        │ AVM FRITZ!Box Binding
openhab-binding-fritzbox1                         │ 1.14.0           │          │ Uninstalled │ openhab-addons-2.5.6        │ Fritzbox Binding
openhab-binding-fritzboxtr0641                    │ 1.14.0           │ x        │ Started     │ openhab-addons-2.5.6        │ Fritzbox TR064 Binding

Checked in PaperUI, only lists a v1 binding.
Is there a place to look for the development status?

Found this: https://github.com/gitbock/fritzboxtr064/issues/44

You read correctly

Maybe contact the author as he may not even have a fritzbox anymore.

The above link expands to:

Yep looks like a dead end
Some people have forked it so maybe someone will take it on.

Offering a new German Fritzbox 7490 as bounty to move/migrate/program binding to v2.

Looks like @J-N-K is already working on it.

In general, check this page for status of OH1/2/3 bindings: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6179

1 Like

Ouch… to many places to look for information or keep track of…
Thank you for letting me know.

2 Likes