Failed restoring from backup

Platform information:

• Hardware: RPi 3
  • openHAB version: 2.5.6

After I had some issues with uninstalling one of the bindings (see details at the bottom of this message), I tried restoring from a backup, using the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop openhab2
sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
sudo openhab-cli restore /var/lib/openhab2/backups/<backup filename>
sudo reboot

After doing that, I get the following error message in the log:

2021-07-15 22:30:12.548 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-samsungtv, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-misc-gcal1, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1': Error:

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/[2.5.0,2.6)

What is the reason for this? What am I doing wrong?

============================================

Some additional details:

The above system was working with no issues for a long time.
After noticing my Amazon Echo stopped working I was trying to go through the authorization process with no success.

I then saw this post and tried placing that JAR file in the /usr/share/openhab2/addons directory.

As it didn’t solve the problem, I also tried removing the Amazon Echo Things and uninstalling the Amazon Echo binding from PaperUI, but that didn’t help either, and the Things had a “Removing” status.

After a restart of OH2, the above issue started appearing, which made me try to restore from a backup.

See any of the posts regarding the shutdown of bintray:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have read the 2 posts you included in your reply.

Modifying the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file didn’t seem to solve the issue.

From reading the other post, I understand that installing the openhab-addons package was the solution.

How do I install it? Is it by running the following?

sudo apt-get install openhab-addons

Trying to do so displays a message that it will also REMOVE the openhab2 package - is it OK?

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libbrotli1 libc-ares2 libuv1 nodejs-doc
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
  openhab
Suggested packages:
  default-jre | java11-runtime | java11-runtime-headless
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  openhab2
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  openhab openhab-addons
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 131 not upgraded.
Need to get 296 MB of archives.
After this operation, 212 MB of additional disk space will be used.

My mistake, try
sudo apt install openhab2-addons

I left off the 2.

This is what I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libbrotli1 libc-ares2 libuv1 nodejs-doc
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  openhab2-addons
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 132 not upgraded.
Need to get 199 MB of archives.
After this operation, 200 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Err:1 https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf openhab2-addons all 2.5.12-1
  403  Forbidden [IP: 35.157.134.10 443]
E: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/pool/main/2.5.12/openhab2-addons_2.5.12-1_all.deb  403  Forbidden [IP: 35.157.134.10 443]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

When I try to simply browse to https://jcenter.bintray.com/@id=jcenter from my browser, I get a 403 Forbidden error.

Any other way to download the openhab-addon file and manually place it in whatever folder it is needed?

One more question: Since I am using version 2.5.6-2, is 2.5.12-1 the correct openhab2-addons file?

I managed to solve my issue.

For the sake of others who may encounter the same issue:
I have manually downloaded openhab2-addons_2.5.12-1_all.deb from here.

I then uploaded it to a temporary directory on my RPi.

I extracted the file using the following command:

ar x openhab2-addons_2.5.12-1_all.deb

I copied the .tar.gz file back to my Windows machine, and extracted the .KAR file out of it.

I then uploaded the KAR file to the /usr/share/openhab2/addons/ folder on my RPi and restarted OH2.

Thanks everyone for your help.

because of the sunset of bintray. The repo is not longer accessible at that place it was moved to a different location. You would have to update the content of

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab*