Fakro ZWS12 Z-Wave window actuator problem

Good question. Often it shows up in the logs (the filenames often have the version printed on the end), but if you’re using the offline version then if you know when you loaded it should be close enough. I’m mainly trying to establish if you’re using a recent snapshot, or one of the ‘formal’ beta versions from a while ago?

Definitely recent. I have updating once a week as my system is still a development system.

Is it worth me doing another update tomorrow before I do anything else?

If it’s from the past week or so, then it should be fine. In that case it would be good to delete the XML and restart so we get a complete debug log during startup is probably the next step to see what is being discovered, or reported by the device…

OK will do tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mike

bundle:list -s
?

Hi @chris

Process was:

a) close OpenHAB 2
b) delete note18.xml
c) restart openHAB 2

Log file can be downloaded from:

Hope this gives some clue as to what is going on. The device is NODE 18.

Cheers,
MIke

Thanks Robert, that worked.

@chris following is the version details:

After yet another try with excluding the device from the network and repeating the discovery process I now have it working. Still not sure what was wrong but I have 9 more units to add to the system next month, so will see how it goes then.

Hi @chris

A while ago I was working to get a Fakro ZWS-12 window actuator working. In the end it all worked Ok.

Now I am finally trying to get 10 more running in our new house and it appears that they might be slightly different to the one I was using for test. In HABmin, I am getting the following for all of the devices that I have included so far:

So I assume the database needs updating??

The XML file for this device is at the following link.

Do you need anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help.,
Mike

I’ve updated the database and will push the changes shortly.

Awesome, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @chris,

It looks like Fakro have many sets of type IDs for their window actuators. Mine has come back with 0002:0111 (firmware v1.1). I’m assuming everything else is the same so could you add this ID to the database and I’ll see if it gets them working?

Thanks

It is already in the database:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/777

Sorry, you are right. I was looking under ZWS12, which is what the device returns rather than ZWS12n, which is what the database entry is.

I’ve just moved across from Vera to OH2 and am having some problems with my 6 Fakro ZWS12 window winders (ID: 0011:0001, Firmware 4.13). I’m running Openhabian on a RPi 3 with a z-wave stick. PaperUI included and recognised the winders without any problems. However, I have the following issues (some of which may be related):

1. I can’t reliably control the winders with sliders – for example, if move a slider from 100% to 50% the sliders will often ‘jump back’ to say 92% and then to say 78%. Often the winder will actually move to the 50% position but the state will rarely update accurately (ie, the slider will show 78% rather than 50%).
  2. I can’t update the associations group. Two of the winders show the associations group as ‘controller’ but for the other 4 the field is blank. If I update the field (using Habmin) to ‘controller’ the change will not save.
  3. There are a number of missing configuration parameters including speed and calibration (parameters 7 and 12). I suspect this is a problem with the database?

Does anyone have any ideas about how I should deal with these issues?

Some addition information. When I try to change the association group setting I see the following messages in my logs

2019-01-22 10:58:13.953 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:d83a65b3:node13' has been updated.

2019-01-22 10:58:13.970 [vent.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]

Did you try a Rollershutter as your itemtype and a Switch item in your Sitemap? Works much better than a Slider …

Probably you are affected by an old bug, it is just a display issue. As long as your values get updated on your sitemap you should be fine.

Yes, nobody took care of adding those config parameters. Unfortunately the attached manual does not state those parameters either. Please grab your manual and add the parameters to the database:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/325
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

If you have any problems just shout.

Yes. The Fakros are set up and a Rollershutter and a Switch. My problem arises when I try to control the Rollershutter item with a slider in Habpanel or BasicUI.

When I use Habmin to look at the item the association group field is always blank. Is there another way to check if it’s saved?

Ok. I’ll have a go at updating this. Thanks for your guidance.

If you define a switch in your sitemap you don’t have a slider!

grafik

Sometimes it is correctly displayed in PaperUI. But if all are empty and you get item updates: don’t worry.

Sorry. I thought you meant my .items file! Yes, if i change it to a switch in the sitemap file then it changes to the three button controller you’ve shown above. But then I can’t set the position to say 50%. Also, my front end is Habpanel so I really need the Habpanel sliders to work.

I think you’re right. When I look at them via ‘Show Properties’ in Paper UI all 6 have a ‘1’ in the ‘defaultAssociations’ field. It’s only when I click on the pen icon to enter edit mode that the field goes blank for 4 of them. Given all 6 are behaving in the same manner, it does look like a display issue as you say.