False Motion Alerts from Zooz 4-in-1 (ver 2.0) Sensors

If it is a faulty device Zooz is very good & prompt at replacement, in my experience.

Iā€™ll be surprised if it turns out to be the device as I have 2 doing exactly the same thing (but at different times of the night).

Iā€™m not going to have console access for a couple of weeks so not going to be able to try anything else just yet but as soon as I have access again Iā€™ll try all the suggestions and report back.

Youā€™ll probably need to show us what your rules are triggered off, as well.

1 Like

In case someone still reads here:
I have four of the ZSE40 sensors, but only use the motion detection on two of them. Both have now, within a few months of each other, run amok giving false triggers every few minutes. Both times I excluded and re-included them to the network, which solved those problems, but I still have no idea why they did that and why a re-inclusion fixed it. Log file looked like this:

2020-03-29 02:02:24.669 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from OFF to ON
2020-03-29 02:02:36.875 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from ON to OFF
2020-03-29 02:05:16.956 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from OFF to ON
2020-03-29 02:05:29.168 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from ON to OFF
2020-03-29 02:08:09.210 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from OFF to ON
2020-03-29 02:08:21.422 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from ON to OFF
2020-03-29 02:11:01.479 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from OFF to ON
2020-03-29 02:11:19.443 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor_Multi_Hallway_Office_Motion changed from ON to OFF

And no, nobody was running around the house at 2am in the morning :slight_smile:

Have you tried contacting Zooz support? You may have hardware failures. They are very good about replacing items under warranty.

Iā€™m in contact with Zooz support, so far they have only recommended a factory reset. I have thought about a hardware failure, but after re-inclusion they work again as expected.

BTW, do your ZSE40 also report smaller temperature/humidity changes than configured? I have set them to report when a temperature change of >1 Degree is detected (stock setting), but they report changes of far less than that, like 0.1 Degrees or less. I mean, I really donā€™t need to be notified of a temperature change from 72.03 to 72.04, which is an accuracy it cannot provide anyway.

Which might explain that my batteries donā€™t last very longā€¦