Farm automation

We have a significant project coming up that might suit OpenHAB2

We have control over the middleware and can expose sensor data via MQTT, or CoAP etc.

The use cases we’d like to see include:

• Use Paper UI interface
  • Self discovery
  • Custom types and theming (i.e. farm tank)
  • Show an image gallery with directional arrows for history
  • Show an SVG and be able to animate it - i.e. a gauge

Am not sure what if any of the above are feasible, but if there are some experienced OpenHAB2 developers reading this who may be interested in a commercial endeavour and can contribute their knowledge, I’d love to hear back.

Hi Andrew - I am in ChCh and have been using openHAB for a number of years. I haven’t had much of a play with openHAB v2 yet, but have a lot of experience with v1, having written and contributed to a number of bindings.

Come to think of it, I am pretty sure we have already chatted in the past - I ran (the now closed) online web store smarthingsnz.co.nz. I seem to recall chatting to you about MQTT and automation a while back…

Feel free to drop me an email if you think I might be able to help. Time is a little precious at the moment after the arrival of our first baby, but I would be happy to assist where I can.

That’s awesome Ben (and congratulations!). Can you use the email from the website so I can reply direct to you?

Hi Ben, sent you an email. Can you check your junk folder perhaps?

Hi Andrew - nothing there - can you try resending?