Feedback on light status

I have this in the *.items file:
Contact GF_chickencoop_LightStatusONOFF “Het licht is: [%s]” { simatic=“plc:Q0.0” }
Switch GF_chickencoop_LightONOFF “Licht Kippenhok” [“Switchable”] {simatic=“plc:DB2.DBX0.1”,expire=“1s,command=OFF”,autoupdate=“false”}

And this in the sitemap:
Frame label=“kippenhok”{

    Text item=GF_chickencoop_LightStatusONOFF icon="gate2"

    Switch item=GF_chickencoop_LightONOFF icon="garage" mappings=[ON="ON/OFF"]    }

Any idea why the text item isn’t updating? It constantly says closed.
Maybe there is a more simple way to check the status of GF_chickencoop_LightStatusONOFF?


  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
    • OS: what OS is used and which version
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version:
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

Is that part working? Do you see anything in your events.log for that Item when you change the remote device?

Yes, that part is working. I can see it in the events.log and in visual studio code when i hover over the variable it’s indicated too.


I just discovered that everything is working fine. BUT i have to manually refresh the website with F5…
Is there an option to refresh everything x time or on change?

No, it’s automated.

What “website” are you using, i.e. which UI?

If it is a sitemap based UI like BasicUI, have you looked in your openhab.log for any messages related to your sitemap? You should find at least a “loaded” message at boot or editing time.

This is asked for in the template… what version of OH are you using? There were issues with this in older versions.

I use basic UI.
I found this in the logs:
Location set to ‘50.764446,3.4187619999999996’.
2020-01-21 19:31:13.088 [WARN ] [] - Found multiple local interfaces - ignoring
2020-01-21 19:31:13.141 [WARN ] [] - Found multiple local interfaces - ignoring
2020-01-21 19:31:15.351 [WARN ] [] - Found multiple local interfaces - ignoring
2020-01-21 19:31:15.412 [WARN ] [] - Found multiple local interfaces - ignoring
2020-01-21 19:31:19.060 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘default.items’
2020-01-21 19:31:19.428 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘default.sitemap’
2020-01-21 19:31:20.594 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2020-01-21 19:31:21.202 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at
2020-01-21 19:31:21.202 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at
2020-01-21 19:31:21.460 [INFO ] [ebuilder.internal.HomeBuilderServlet] - Started Home Builder at /homebuilder
2020-01-21 19:31:21.523 [INFO ] [openhab.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2020-01-21 19:31:21.617 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
2020-01-21 19:31:21.713 [INFO ] [rt.modbus.internal.ModbusManagerImpl] - Modbus manager activated
2020-01-21 19:31:21.796 [DEBUG] [ng.simatic.internal.SimaticActivator] - Simatic binding has been started (v.1.2.0).


I use openhab 2.5.0 ‘release build’ on Win10 for now, planning to switch to a pi4 after some testing.


That’s good; people frequently mess up the filename part (which would produce an error log) and are mystified when it “works” but doesn’t refresh. So that is ruled out.

If you’re on Windows, try another browser. Some work better than others.