FGD-212 Not updating power consumption

Hello,

I’ve started playing with openHAB 1.8.0 (from Dec 29th) and finished my initial setup with one dimmer - Fibaro FGD-212. OpenHAB is working fine except for active power reports. I am not getting automatic updates propagated from the device to openHAB UI but from the log files I can see that dimmer is sending messages back to controller whenever power consumption changes.

My item definition:

/* Lights */
Switch Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Switch “Svetlo” (GF_Living, Lights) { zwave=“7:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” }
Dimmer Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Dimmer “Svetlo [%d %%]” (GF_Living, Lights) { zwave=“7:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” }
Number Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Power “Svetlo - current power consumption [%.2f W]” { zwave=“7:command=METER,meter_scale=E_W” }
Number Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Energy “Svetlo - total energy use [%.2f KWh]” { zwave=“7:command=METER,meter_scale=E_KWh” }

Debug log:

22:24:51.826 [DEBUG] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding:450 ] - NODE 7: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, value = 37.3

I have found out that when the light is on when openHAB starts, it correctly loads the current power load and assigns it to Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Power, but it never updates afterwards even though messages are comming.

These are the debug log files:

Light was off when openHAB started:

Light was on when openHAB started:

PS: It’s also possible to use refresh_interval to periodically request these values, that works too, but I want to get it automatically immediately when it changes.

Please advise if it’s a configuration issue, known bug or anything else.

Thank you
Martin

The debug log seems to indicate that the device is not using the METER command class that you’ve used - it’s using the SENSOR_MULTILEVEL class, so you should configure the item using this class.

Thank you, Chris. That fixed the problem. SENSOR_MULTILEVEL is correct for current power, METER is correct for total energy consumed.

Working config for future reference:

Number Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Power "Svetlo - current power consumption [%.2f W]" { zwave="7:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,meter_scale=E_W" }
Number Light_GF_Living_Ceiling_Energy "Svetlo - total energy use [%.2f KWh]" { zwave="7:command=METER,meter_scale=E_KWh" }