FGK-101 door/window not showing temperature channel in OH2

No.
I am completely stuck here!

Can’t be other way?

If it is a database and the database has been updated, why is it necessary to install a new version of OH? There should be a way to tell the binding to use the newest version of the database. I really don’t understand that.

I have everything else perfectly setup and it is a hassle to change to a new version. God knows if some things that work now will work with the newest version… Maybe even with the update the FGK-101 problem will not be solved.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to update the database without switching to a new version of OH?

I did not say that. Just upgrade the zwave binding …

I’ve upgraded to latest development build for zwave binding, the problem still persist…

I saw the database has been edited today, let me try to patch the binding and revert…

Did you delete and readd the Thing?

It’s true. My apologies…

Nevertheless it seems it doesn’t solve the problem.

I just download and patch the binding with latest database (fgk101_2_5.xml in zwave binding), remove and read the Thing, it still display 3 channels, Binary Sensor, Battery Level and Alarm (Smoke). Is there any cache that we need to remove to reflect the latest information in database ?

How did you change the version of the binding?

Uninstalling the old version and installing the latest version with PaperUI?

Uninstalling the old version in PaperUI and copying a jar file of the latest version (where is it by the way?) in the addons folder?

I replaced the latest jar under this folder: openhab2\userdata\tmp\mvn\org\openhab\binding\org.openhab.binding.zwave

Now that I think about it, why is it necessary to even change the version of the binding if the binding queries an external database? The changes in the database are not immediately and transparently applied to the Zwave things?

Where is it? The latest jar, I mean.

The database is not queried externally, it is stored in the binding .jar, any changes to the database will required to rebuild the binding jar in order to take effect. Hi sihui, correct me if I am wrong…

The latest jar can get from 1st thread of this topic -> OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Correct.

You need to add the jar to your addons folder.

I try uninstall existing zwave binding and put latest jar into addons folder, but it is prompting the following errors:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [237]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

any idea what is the correct process to install ?

Read the first couple of posts in the dev binding thread and install the serial transport dependency through karaf

I have only acoomplished to download a version from 27th Aug 2018 (not today, do I need a more recent version??) and I cannot solve the errors with:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Do I have to remove the original 2.3 Z-Wave binding first??

Of course!
My links are not only for displaying purposes, those are for reading.

It seems the FGK-101 work now. Therefore, it was the database.
Now, I am still strugling to make everything else, which was previously working, work.

Thanks for the help.