FGK-101 door/window not showing temperature channel in OH2

Hi, I am using OH 2.3 and I have a few issues, especially with door/window sensors.

I have three of them. Two are the old FGK-101 (version 2.5) and the other one is a FGK-101 with support for ZWave 5 (version 3.2). The thing is that the latter works well and all the channels are displayed in PaperUI, but the ones with the old versions (2.5) are not working properly. They don’t show the temperature channel (sensor_temperature2) that I am sure it should show because I have been using these sensors with OH 1.x

I have included the sensors WITH the temperature sensor already installed, so that should be ruled out.
I know that they have command classes for temperature because I have used them in OH1.
I have revised the Z-Wave database and there are several versions of the device. All of them have a channel for temperature:

Fibargroup FGK101 Door Opening Sensor All up to 2.3 Door
Fibargroup FGK101 Door Opening Sensor All after 3.2 Door
Fibargroup FGDW002 Fibaro Door Window Sensor 2 All Sensor
Fibargroup FGK101 Door/Window Sensor 2.5 Door

I am sure they are the FGK-101 (2.5). In fact, the one with version 3.2 is recognised as “Door Opening Sensor” and the other two as “Door/Window Sensor”. This makes sense. However, I don’t understand why the temperature channel is not shown in PaperUI for the 2.5 devices. Only sensor_binary, battery-level and alarm_smoke are shown.

Besides the common exclude-include advice is there something else I could try?? Maybe change some XML or JSON file in my system?

Please help.

Hi,

is there anyone that can help me out here?
After three whole days trying all possible combinations that I can think of, I believe there is nothing else I can try without further help.

I have tried to exclude/include the devices several times, sometimes resetting the FGK-101, sometimes not, sometimes using PaperUI, sometimes using HabMin, and there is no way that OH recognises the devices’ temperature channels. The devices work (battery and door status are reported) but there is no trace about the temperature channel.

They are shown as “FGK-101 Door/Window Sensor” but it says “Unknown Device”, something strange as the device it is the database.

I am starting to think it is a bug in OH2 because they worked with OH1, bothe devices have new batteries, and I don’t think both devices have failed at the same time.

This is what PaperUI says about the devices:

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic BINARY_SENSOR
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10
versionMax 2.5
modelId FGK101
zwave_version 2.5
zwave_listening false
manufacturerId 010F
manufacturerRef 0700:1000
dbReference 847
zwave_deviceid 4096
versionMin 2.5
zwave_nodeid 27
vendor Fibargroup
defaultAssociations 3
zwave_routing true
zwave_wakeup_time 2018-08-28T06:01:20Z
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific ROUTING_SENSOR_BINARY
zwave_manufacturer 271
zwave_devicetype 1792

Hi, I am having the same issue with my fgk101 2.5 in openHAB 2.3, do you have any solutions so far ?

The 2.5 firmware version config has changed in the database recently. So if you want a proper setup you need to switch to a recent zwave binding version … preferable the development version.

No.
I am completely stuck here!

Can’t be other way?

If it is a database and the database has been updated, why is it necessary to install a new version of OH? There should be a way to tell the binding to use the newest version of the database. I really don’t understand that.

I have everything else perfectly setup and it is a hassle to change to a new version. God knows if some things that work now will work with the newest version… Maybe even with the update the FGK-101 problem will not be solved.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to update the database without switching to a new version of OH?

I did not say that. Just upgrade the zwave binding …

I’ve upgraded to latest development build for zwave binding, the problem still persist…

I saw the database has been edited today, let me try to patch the binding and revert…

Did you delete and readd the Thing?

It’s true. My apologies…

Nevertheless it seems it doesn’t solve the problem.

I just download and patch the binding with latest database (fgk101_2_5.xml in zwave binding), remove and read the Thing, it still display 3 channels, Binary Sensor, Battery Level and Alarm (Smoke). Is there any cache that we need to remove to reflect the latest information in database ?

How did you change the version of the binding?

Uninstalling the old version and installing the latest version with PaperUI?

Uninstalling the old version in PaperUI and copying a jar file of the latest version (where is it by the way?) in the addons folder?

I replaced the latest jar under this folder: openhab2\userdata\tmp\mvn\org\openhab\binding\org.openhab.binding.zwave

Now that I think about it, why is it necessary to even change the version of the binding if the binding queries an external database? The changes in the database are not immediately and transparently applied to the Zwave things?

Where is it? The latest jar, I mean.

The database is not queried externally, it is stored in the binding .jar, any changes to the database will required to rebuild the binding jar in order to take effect. Hi sihui, correct me if I am wrong…

The latest jar can get from 1st thread of this topic -> OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Correct.

You need to add the jar to your addons folder.

I try uninstall existing zwave binding and put latest jar into addons folder, but it is prompting the following errors:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [237]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

any idea what is the correct process to install ?