Fibaro Dimmer not fully discovered?


I have a number of Fibaro relays and dimmers (all functional in OH. Running OH 2.5.8, I added a new Fibaro dimmer downstairs and associated it with my Aotec controller, but searching the device shows it as ‘unknown’ and not in the database. Am I supposed to ditch it and reinitialise it here, or is it not actually in the database? Or is it not specifically initialised? I assume the latter since it does not have a valid manufacturer ID, however I associated it with the Aotec controller and it seemed to associate fine as searching for new devices found it - however it oddly found 2 x new devices, node6 and node9 - even though I only added one new dimmer module.

Z-Wave Node 009
Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

Status: ONLINE

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_frequent false
zwave_listening false
zwave_nodeid 9
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 0.0

Nevermind. I unpaired the device, paired it again, removed the erroneous entries then searched and it found the new Fibaro dimmer properly this time!

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working.
Since I have the same problem with a Fibaro Roller Shutter, would you be so kind to explain how you did it?

Sure, I have an usb aotec zwave controller - yours maybe a different sequence, but for me to remove, press and hold button on usb stick til amber light shows, then triple click the Fibaro B button, the aotec will flash to indicate it’s removed, press aotec button once. Then edit the faulty thing in OpenHAB paper UI, click “show more”, then remove device from controller. Associate the device again - remove from the Rpi, hold it near the zwave device then click the aotec zwave stick button once, then triple click Fibaro B button, aotec will flash blue once to indicate its associated, click aotec button once. Plug back into Rpi (or whatever you use) and in paperui inbox search for new zwave things, on second time the zwave dimmer appeared correctly. Note I rebooted between removing and adding aotec usb stick back into rPi - for whatever reason I couldn’t ssh to rpi after removing the usb stick.


1 Like

OpenHAB has a setting on the controller Thing to place it in exclude mode.

Thank you. As soon a s I find the time (and are at home) I will try it.