Fibaro FGMS-001 - wrong association groups?

Hi.

There is something weird with my Fibaro FGMS001 Motion Sensor - I’m trying to understand what exactly is the problem…

It seems that there is some mismatch in the association groups.
In the manual page 10, it says:

The Motion Sensor provides the association of four groups:

1st association group – “Lifeline” reports the device status and allows
for assigning single device only (main controller by default).

2nd association group – “Motion” is assigned to the motion sensor

• sends motion detection and alarm cancellation frames to the associated
    devices.

3rd association group – “Tamper” is assigned to the tamper - sends
tamper alarm and alarm cancellation frames to the associated devices.

4th association group – “Motion BC” is assigned to the motion sensor

• sends motion detection and alarm cancellation frames to the
    associated devices. Provides backward compatibility with controllers
    not supporting Z-Wave+ protocol.

4th association group – “Tamper BC” is assigned to the tamper -
sends tamper alarm and alarm cancellation frames to the associated
devices. Provides backward

However, in HABmin I have 3 association groups - “Device Status”, “Tamper Alarm” and “Controller Updates”. By default, “Tamper Alarm” didn’t had any members.

I don’t understand the relationship between the documented groups, and the groups that I see in the GUI.
(and anyway, I don’t really understand the documentation - why there are 2 different 4th association groups?)

Are these groups based on report received from the device itself (and then the manual I’m reading isn’t updated), or maybe it’s a problem in the ZWAVE database information?

Thanks

It looks like some sort of error in the documentation since it seems to define 5 groups! However, if there are only 3 in HABmin, then it likely means the database is incorrect. I would guess that you have a newer version of the device as most older devices had 3 groups defined, and in the newer versions there are often more. If this is the case, then we need to introduce a completely new database entry for this new device and someone will need to spend some time making sure the definition is correct ;).

I would suggest you compare the version in the online database with your device manual and if it’s different, then we’ll need to produce a new entry in the database.

Well, it seems that I looked at the wrong manual.
This appears to be the correct one:

However, it also defines 5 groups (but it has ‘4th’ and ‘5th’, instead of ‘4th’*2…)

I’m ready to do whatever is needed, but I don’t understand exactly what…
Can you give more details as how to

compare the version in the online database with your device manual and if it’s different, then we’ll need to produce a new entry in the database.

?

If it’s relevant, attaching the information from my device ‘Information’ section:

On my device boxing it says “FGMS-001 EU V3.2 29.1.2016”

Thanks

Are we talking about this?

It’s version 3.2, and has 5 association groups.
Is this the database we are talking about?
If it is - what’s wrong then?

OK, I thing I got it.
This file is from 2 weeks ago, while my ZWAVE .JAR is from May.
Is there a newer JAR containing this file?
Or is there a way to manually update it?
I have no experience in Java, but maybe it’s about time to start learning it :wink:

Yes, you need to upgrade to the latest JAR which you can download off cloudbees.

The XML file you’ve found above is not for OH1 though so don’t try and import this into the binding ;).

Should I do anything besides replacing the .jar files?

I get this error:

2016-08-13 22:59:09.152 [INFO ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - Update config, port = COM6
2016-08-13 22:59:09.168 [INFO ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - Update config, healtime = 2
2016-08-13 22:59:09.168 [INFO ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - Update config, masterController = true
2016-08-13 22:59:09.168 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - ZWave Refresh Service has been started
2016-08-13 22:59:09.199 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting Z-Wave controller
2016-08-13 22:59:09.199 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Z-Wave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
2016-08-13 22:59:09.199 [INFO ] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Connecting to serial port COM6
2016-08-13 22:59:10.434 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController] - Serial Error: Port COM6 in use.

Just to be sure, is this the correct JAR?

And now I get this error even with the original JAR back in place :confused:

Yes, it looks like the correct JAR. You haven’t got two copies of the binding running have you? Otherwise I’m not sure why you’d get this - there’s very little difference in the OH1 binding for quite a while other than database updates.

It was my mistake. Somehow there was another process that took control of my ZWAVE controller.
The new JAR looks better - now there are 5 groups, as expected.

Thanks for the prompt help!