Fibaro FGR-223 Roller Shutter 3

Thank you Martin for your quick reply. I tried your proposed solution but could the zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT installed only but not active.

bundle list:

233 │ Active │ 75 │ 0.10.0.oh240 │ org.eclipse.smarthome.transform.scale
240 │ Installed │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906151852 │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Log:

2019-06-16 08:14:24.979 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [240]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream; version=“[1.4.0,2.0.0)”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

For the steps to install the snapshot I followed the instructions on OpenHab FAQ

• uninstalled zwave 2.4.0
  • reboot
  • copied org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to the openhab2-addons folder

It’s the first time that I installed a snapshot … I tried several times but possibly did something wrong. Any idea how to step forward or analyze?

I found the solution in the forum Latest Zwave binding missing module?

Now it works!

hi, this is my version:

276 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201901242108 │ ZWave Binding

this is the list of channels on paperui

Is anyone running the new firmware (>=5.1) and can confirm that the status of the shutter is updated correctly after movement?

I am running 6 Roller Shutter 3 with Firmware 5.1

I am also using the 2.5-SNAPSHOT Binding, not the Milestone and not 2.4

I can confirm, that the operation is as desired. For the status updates, I force a REFRESH after each operation.

I was under the impression the mission update is fixed and there is no need of a REFRESH.
Do you get the updated state if you don’t refresh?

Not always, and not consistently for the 6 RS3, although they are all from one delivery and the same firmware version.

But, I also have two RS2 and I see the same behavior as I see for the RS3, i.e. consistent status (% open/closed) only when I refresh

Hm - strange. Now I don’t know if it’s working or not - Openhab is set correctly in the groups as lifeline/status update?
My RS2 refresh consistently after each movement without any need for manual refresh.
Can anyone else comment if they see updates or not?

Mine refresh as well, but sometimes with values, that are not correct. I do not know, if this is a problem of the device, of the openHAB Z-Wave binding or the Classic UI, iPhone App, because sometimes the values update but the icons not and vise-versa

In my rules I force a refresh and that seems to ensure that all get updated. I do this with a 1 minute delay after the action

Besides that the devices work well

if i use phisical switch in the wall no problem for the update.(in the dimmer channel)
if i use the dimmer channel to set position (e.g. 20%) there is the problem. after 1 second of running update position , not the real position but the position after 1 second. tomorrow i can make a video if you want.
no problem if i use with OPEN CLOSE STOP command in rolleshutter channel but i can’t use it on dimmer channel.

Here is one item definition for the RS3. In the 2.5-SNAPSHOT, there is NO switch_dimmer channel:

Rollershutter	LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter	"Jalousie Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts [%.0f]"		<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		["WindowCovering"] {channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:blinds_control"}
   Number		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Verbrauch	"Jalousie WZ SR Verbrauch [%.1f kW/h]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:meter_kwh"}
   Number		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Leistung	"Jalousie WZ SR Leistung [%.1f Watt]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:meter_watts"}
   Number		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Scene		"Jalousie WZ SR Scene [%.0f]"			<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:scene_number"}
   Switch		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_Strom	"Überstromalarm: Jalousie WZ SR [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:alarm_power"}
   Switch		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_System	"Systemalarm: Jalousie WZ SR [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:alarm_system"}
   Rollershutter	LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1	"Jalousie Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts 1 [%.0f]"	<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:blinds_control1"}
   Number		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Verbrauch1	"Jalousie WZ SR Verbrauch 1 [%.1f kW/h]"	<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:meter_kwh1"}
   Number		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Leistung1	"Jalousie WZ SR Leistung 1 [%.1f Watt]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:meter_watts1"}
   Switch		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_Strom1	"Überstromalarm: Jalousie WZ SR 1 [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:alarm_power1"}
   Switch		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_System1	"Systemalarm: Jalousie WZ SR 1 [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:alarm_system1"}
   Rollershutter	LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2	"Lamellen Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts [%.0f]"		<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:Razberry:node17:blinds_control2"}

The Schalter1 is for up and down
The Schalter2 is for the lamellas

This is what I read in the fibaro forums. Do you have the latest firmware?

it’s so strange. do you have see my snapshot? i have only one rollershutter e two dimmer channel.
you have three rolleshutter channel, it’s so strange…

Spaceman_Spiff yes i have 5.1 firmware

You may want to delete the device and add it again from the inbox. This is NOT removing/adding from the controller

i have delete the device and add again but nothing…i have only one rollershutter and 2 dimmer. what is your version of zwawe binding?

my is 2.5.0.201901242108

This one

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles%24org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Which I put into addons

Hi i’ve take the last binding and now i have 3 rollershutter item, well done.
but the problem of the absolute position remain, i ve take a video if you want to see.
no problem with wall switch but with the rollershutter item only if i press stop the item is refresh the real position

i ve 5.1 firmware

1 Like

Very nice - thank you for the extensive video.
It makes it very clear that after moving the shutter through openhab it does not refresh the position.
What I find interesting is that a “Stop” command does actually trigger a position refresh. So this could be a more suitable workaround than the “REFRESH” command.

1 Like

I have defined four items of switch type to control my venetian blinds. One that triggers opening them and closing all of them at dusk and dawn and three to control the position to protect from sunlight. Following are some rules and the respective sitemap.

rule "Sonnenschutz Sued aktivieren"
when
  Item Sonnenschutz_Sued received command ON
then
  LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1.sendCommand(75)
  LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter1.sendCommand(75)
  BED_Jalousie.sendCommand(75)
  if ( tSonnenschutz1 !== null ) {
    tSonnenschutz1.cancel
    tSonnenschutz1 = null
  }
  tSonnenschutz1 = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(1)) [
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2.sendCommand(50)
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter2.sendCommand(50)
    BED_Jalousie_Lamellen.sendCommand(50)
  ]
  if ( tRefresh !== null ) {
    tRefresh.cancel
    tRefresh = null
  }
  tRefresh = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(1)) [
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter2.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter1.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    BED_Jalousie_Lamellen.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    BED_Jalousie.sendCommand("REFRESH")
  ]
end

This ensures, that the position is as desired and the status in Basic UI or HABpanel are correctly displayed. I am using the same logic for RS2 and RS3.

What I found, is that I have to wait the blinds to reach the desired position before I trigger the second action to control the position of the lamellas. If I send the commands one after the other I do NOT get the desired result.

What I also found is, that if I send a command UP or DOWN I do not get the desired result and correct position.

Note: I have reversed the % levels, so you might have to adjust. In my case 0 means fully OPEN and 100 means fully CLOSED

Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Sued          label="Sonnenschutz Süd"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Sued == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Sued          label="Sonnenschutz Süd"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Sued != ON]
Switch  item=gLampe                     label="Gesamte Beleuchtung [%d]"        icon="light"            mappings=[OFF="Alle Aus"]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Ost           label="Sonnenschutz Ost"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Ost == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Ost           label="Sonnenschutz Ost"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Ost != ON]
Switch  item=gSteckdose                 label="Gesamte Steckdosen [%d]"         icon="poweroutlet"      mappings=[OFF="Alle Aus"]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Kueche        label="Sonnenschutz Küche"              icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Kueche == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Kueche        label="Sonnenschutz Küche"              icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Kueche != ON]
Switch  item=Jalousien_Status           label="Jalousien"                       icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Geöffnet", OFF="Schliessen"] visibility=[Jalousien_Status == ON]
Switch  item=Jalousien_Status           label="Jalousien"                       icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Öffnen", OFF="Geschlossen"] visibility=[Jalousien_Status != ON]

I hardly use the wall switches anymore and I hardly use the direct controls in Basic UI or HABpanel anymore, I just control with these few additional switches, that then trigger the correct action and positioning.

I had the same behavior in openHAB as well as homee, which I used before. This might be an issue with the firmware still. But in my previous post I have shown the solution, that works perfectly for me.