Fibaro fgs 223 impossible to change frequency of watt /power reports

Hi.
i’ve have a problem with my z wave network. i ve add 10 fibaro double switch to my network and i have a lot of problem.
i’ve a so many lags, when i use a group of switch (e.g. all bedroom off or all kitchen on).
i 've set on the zwave logs and i see that the fibaro when turned off or on reported watt consuption. i want to disable this function. i ve set in paper ui for each fibaro the value 0 in channel from 50 to 57 but nothing.
i ve try to restart openhab and restart the fibaro but when i turn off one device it send on the zwave network the watts reports.

thank you

Parameter 51 set to 0 disables power reports for the first channel.
Parameter 53 does the same for first channel energy reports.
Parameter 54 does the same for second channel.power reports
Parameter 57 does the same for second channel energy reports.
Parameter 58 set to 0 disables periodic power reports.
Parameter 59 does the same for energy reports.

Our database entry is here. https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/416

1 Like

Hi,

I think that your problem could be related with the devices polling period.

When the polling period is grater than 0 (by default 1500) the device state is polled after any command is sent.

You can see the effects of disabling the parameters 50 to 57 when you directly press the physical wall buttons (no power reports are sent), but when you modify the state of the device from a rule or from a UI (Paper UI, Basic UI …), a command is sent to the device and the state polling takes effects, returning not only the switch state (ON/OFF), but also all available state data like power metering.

Your zwave devices already support automatic state updates (when the Controller is set in the lifeline association group), so you can disable the polling period (at device configuration) to avoid receiving this unnecessary data.

Hope it helps.

Oscar.

1 Like

That is set in the database but the binding now does this automatically.

Yes, I also disable this function for my Z-Wave devices (by setting polling period to 0) as it only has negative side effects for me. I wonder why this is the default setting since some time?

I Agree. I actually only use polling for an old non plus zwave device that is not able to send automatic updates. The improvement in performance after disabling polling is really significative, especially when working with groups of items.

I think what you are talking about is not polling, but command re-poll? This is the value that is set to 1500 as noted above - polling is defined in seconds and I think is 1 hour or so by default. I don’t think polling can be disabled (IIRC) but it can be set to a long time (like 1 day or something).

Yes, I think so, at least that was what I was talking about in this thread:
grafik

1 Like

Why do you set the command re-poll to 1500 as default? As far as I understand most devices should support active reporting via lifeline associations so this feature is only needed for a few old devices. Would’nt it be better to default it to 0 (disabled)?

Sorry, I always was talking about command repoll.

No - there is no reporting from devices when they are commanded remotely. To double check that a command has been received, you can only poll - or just assume that the command was successful.

1 Like

Good point, thank you very much for clarification.
But would it be possible to have the maximum time period > 1500ms? Especially for dimmers and rollershutters the repoll simply comes too soon.

The maximum is not 1500ms - it is 15000ms - ie 15 seconds. I think this should be enough shouldn’t it?

Ok, thank you for also clarifying this value, I thought it was 1,5 seconds, so I was mistaken.