Fibaro motion sensor FGMS001 Gen5 (Zwaveplus)

@chris
I upgraded to 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1465, readded all nodes and rebuilt all chans/items

This morning all motion sensors, but the FGMS001´s were working :frowning: Tried to reboot the controller again, but no luck.

Do you have logs showing when this stopped working?

yes, i added the file to an email as it was just to big to be posted here.

Thanks - what node is the faulty ones (ie the FGMS001)?

edit: Sorry - found it further up.

node 14 (fibaro):
chan: zwave:device:faba8aa8:node14:alarm_motion
item: ZWaveNode014FGMS001MotionSensor_MotionAlarm

node 19 (fibaro):
zwave:device:faba8aa8:node19:alarm_motion
item: ZWaveNode019FGMS001MotionSensor_MotionAlarm

node 20 (fibaro):
zwave:device:faba8aa8:node20:alarm_motion
item: ZWaveNode020FGMS001MotionSensor_MotionAlarm

thing: zwave:device:22bf04c5:node20:alarm_motion
item: Z_Eye_02_MotionAlarm

thing: zwave:device:22bf04c5:node19:alarm_motion
item: Z_Eye_01_MotionAlarm

I renamed items

I don’t see anything wrong in these logs. The devices are reporting state updates, and the binding seems to be sending them through to the channel updates. There are regular updates from temperature, luminance and battery, and some updates from motion (but that’s harder to know if it’s working as it is not sent on a regular basis - only when there is motion).

On looking further through the log, I can see that you have sent a reconfiguration to the devices at some point in the night, and this has removed associations -:

This may have come through the UI update, or some other method - I’ve not looked too closely, but this will ultimately stop reporting and probably is linked to your problem.

Thank you Chris. What i find strange is that i did the exact same thing with all the devices. And The Fibaro Sensors are the only ones having issues.
Events from last night.
Upgraded to latest version of openhab
removed all devices and the controller from openhab
re added controller and the devices.
Re made rules
Went to sleep :slight_smile:

//JAF

Well, you didn’t do “exactly” the same thing on all sensors then…

I see on node 20 that it was ok, and you set the values to something that, while different, is still ok.

If I look at other nodes, they are also ok.

True, i might have changed “Association Groups” 1: to Controller on the two devices.

trying to reinit the node now.

I also resat both eyes to (Controller) for assoc grp 1

And what do you know

Lets hope they hang around for a while now

openhab.log (597.8 KB)
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Over the weekend, I have been (re-)adding my FGMS001 probably 5 times. I always got the motion alarms for some time (hours), then it stopped. I tried to understand what caused it to stop, and my impression was that the alarms stopped coming in after doing the first update of properties to the device.

So I re-added the device again, did not make any updates and let it run for almost 2d, motion alarms were coming in. Just now I changed the name and location attributes. On the log I can see that basically all properties are communicated to the device, and as suspected, alarms stopped. Just before doing this experiment I stopped openhab and started with a new logfile which I can now attach. Another strange effect I am having now is that my device keeps on flashing green at low frequency (maybe once every 10s)

Yes, this is what I suspected is the issue above, and also what I saw in the logs from @JAFone. I’m not sure how to stop this - if the user is sending a load of configuration to the binding, then the binding needs to send it to the device I think?

Using Paper UI or Habmin? If you used Paper UI, try doing the same test using Habmin.

Initially I used Paper UI. Now did another update using Habmin.
I am periodically getting motion OFF alarms, but no motion ON any more

not sure if the update thru Habmin fixed it… but now I am getting motion ON alarms again.

update on my case; motion alarms stopped again after a few hours

Please provide the debug logs and I will take a look.

Thanks.

unfortunately I wasn’t able to have a look at the system for ~3d, so I have several rolling 16M logfiles but have no glue when the alarms stopped