Fibaro Motion Sensor not recognized

OK. I think this is what you asked about.
node6.xml (12.5 KB)

1 Like

Yes. It looks like it is the same device as posted above, so I’ve added your thing type and id (0801:2002).
You need to wait for the changes to be merged into the zwave binding (couple of days) and then upgrade to the latest 2.5 snapshot zwave binding.

1 Like

Great. Thanks

Did Fibaro just recently expand to the market in India? That could be the reason why the firmware versions are the same, but the thing type and id are missing (I guess).
Could you please post your xml files for all devices missing? Or at least device name, firmware version, thing type and thing id?

Fibaro zwave+ IN devices are relatively new. 2018 manufactured. But zwave are available since last 1.5 yrs.
I used them with openhab 1.8 and it worked despite showing not in the database. I ignored the warning that time. Now once upgraded to openhab2 and added few new IN zwave+, everything stopped working.
I have added all xml files. Please help me to add them in the database.

Device Details:
FGMS-001 (zwave) Fibaro Motion Sensor (Node -4) v2.7

Z-Wave Node 004 (010F:0800:6001:2.7)

FGS222 (zwave) Fibaro Double Relay (Node-5) v2.2

Z-Wave Node 005 (010F:0202:6002:2.2)

FGS223(zwave+) Fibaro Double Relay (Node-6) v3.2

Z-Wave Node 006 (010F:0203:6000:3.2)

FGS213(zwave+) Fibaro single Relay (Node-7) v3.2

Z-Wave Node 007 (010F:0403:6000:3.2)

Being a new user not allowing me to attach the xml files. added the drive link.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xYSpoBjomzf2sk9fjVV5yLdyhago5FUQ

Any workaround to use these devices till the issue is fixed.
Thanks for the help.

As your devices all look the same as the existing devices I’ve added the thing type and id from your xml files to the database. Not necessary to create new database entries.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/115
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/124
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/416
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/423

You need to upgrade to the latest snapshot 2.5 zwave binding once the changes got merged.

Yes, but it is a bit complex:

Thank you so much for your quick help. :smile:

1 Like

is there a way to know when the 2.5 snapshot includes the update to the z-wave? I loaded an update from 1-12-19, but still getting the same error.

The only way to be sure is to check in GH -:

Alternatively, I generally do an update a couple of times a week (or at least once a week).

At the moment the system is broken though so the last update was about a week ago. I have another PR in the pipeline for the past few days, but until the CI issues are resolved I can’t merge -:

If you are comfortable in linux environment, can try "jar -xvf " to extract named (or all) files from archive. Then can check the expected changes is there or not.
Existing 2.5 zwave snapshot still not having the database changes, as Chris pointed changes are not yet merged.

Thanks

Thanks. That helps

In latest build #535 zwave-SNAPSHOT (org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT) all four Fibaro IN sensors (FGMS-001, FGS222, FGS223, FGS213) are recognized and working.

Thanks

1 Like

This can be the problem I’ve in mine question. Or mine it’s another problem?

If initialization is not completed wake the device multiple times, push the button inside the housing.

Ditto. Latest snapshot solved problem. on to next step.

Thanks

I’ve just done dozens of times (literally) with a new fibaro switch and it’s impossible. Initialization never ends.
In my case it must be something really broken because I installed HomeAssistant in an old Raspberry and changed the stick to it and it was recognized immediatally.
More details in my thread…

If this is the same problem as others in this thread, here is what you need to do.

1. Use PaperUI to remove the Z-wave 2.4 binding

2. Use sudo systemctl stop openhab2

3. Delete both the /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache folders

4. Copy the latest zwave 2.5 shapshot into /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder

5. Restart openhab2

6. Type: sudo openhab-cli console

7. Type: feature:install openhab-transport-serial

That is what I did. If that doesn’t do it, I can’t help. I probably can’t answer too many questions either as I am at the limit of my knowledge

Thanks @apella12.
I’ve just tried and it seems that devices are detected a littler faster but still never initialized.

Then it is probably not the same problem. Mine popped up pretty quick after that procedure (I was close to the Zwave stick and did press the motion detector back button a few times to wake it up. The experts are going to want to look at your xml file for that node (in the /var/lib/openhab2/zwave directory). About 7-8 lines down are Device ID and Device Type. That should match one of the options in the device list. If not it needs to be added, if it is there you have another problem I can’t help with. Sorry.

an easier option for this step might be

openhab-cli clean-cache

which deletes tmp and cache folders