Fibaro Motion Sensor not recognized

In latest build #535 zwave-SNAPSHOT (org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT) all four Fibaro IN sensors (FGMS-001, FGS222, FGS223, FGS213) are recognized and working.

Thanks

1 Like

This can be the problem Iā€™ve in mine question. Or mine itā€™s another problem?

If initialization is not completed wake the device multiple times, push the button inside the housing.

Ditto. Latest snapshot solved problem. on to next step.

Thanks

Iā€™ve just done dozens of times (literally) with a new fibaro switch and itā€™s impossible. Initialization never ends.
In my case it must be something really broken because I installed HomeAssistant in an old Raspberry and changed the stick to it and it was recognized immediatally.
More details in my threadā€¦

If this is the same problem as others in this thread, here is what you need to do.

1. Use PaperUI to remove the Z-wave 2.4 binding

2. Use sudo systemctl stop openhab2

3. Delete both the /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache folders

4. Copy the latest zwave 2.5 shapshot into /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder

5. Restart openhab2

6. Type: sudo openhab-cli console

7. Type: feature:install openhab-transport-serial

That is what I did. If that doesnā€™t do it, I canā€™t help. I probably canā€™t answer too many questions either as I am at the limit of my knowledge

Thanks @apella12.
Iā€™ve just tried and it seems that devices are detected a littler faster but still never initialized.

Then it is probably not the same problem. Mine popped up pretty quick after that procedure (I was close to the Zwave stick and did press the motion detector back button a few times to wake it up. The experts are going to want to look at your xml file for that node (in the /var/lib/openhab2/zwave directory). About 7-8 lines down are Device ID and Device Type. That should match one of the options in the device list. If not it needs to be added, if it is there you have another problem I canā€™t help with. Sorry.

an easier option for this step might be

openhab-cli clean-cache

which deletes tmp and cache folders

Iā€™m pretty much a novice and my instructions were a compilation from a few posts. However I noticed if OpenHab is still running the cache and tmp folders will reappear and if Openhab is stopped (Step 2) the Openhab-cli is not running. Anyway since I have those folders as part of my Samba, it wasnā€™t that hard or time consuming to do what I outlined above.

I could be completely wrong but from memory, Iā€™m almost positive that openHAB was stopped and the openhab-cli clean-cache still ran. Afterwards, I checked and the folders were gone. Then I started openHAB

Not knowledgeable enough either way. Obviously it worked for you.