Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (FGRGBW-442) - Device unknown - Openhab 2.4.0-1 Release-Build

I have installed and am using (and verified) latest successfull zwave binding build from 2 days ago.

Never seen that error, sorry.
For the older device we had to set a config option:

grafik

I did this for this device now, but I am not sure if this helps.
Please upgrade your binding once the changes got merged.
If it is still not working please provide a DEBUG log and ping Chris for assistance (please be patient as he is very busy at the moment)

Please also do the basic stuff before: clear the cache, delete the Thing and re-add it.

Yeah will do :slight_smile:
When do the changes get picked up? Once a day, week?

Usually once a week at the weekends.

1 Like

Hi there,
first of all thank you for your amazing work here. Did anyone a successful test with this device up to now? Tried to understand your implementation of this device for future experiments ;).

I tested yesterday the current snapshot of openhab to check if the device is working. I basically come as far as @spider1354.

But i am not sure if the latest version of the zwave binding with @sihui mods was included. Unfortunetly i switched back to stable version for productive operation already.

BR,
Sebastian

Use tne manual install script to just install the snapshot zwave binding on 2.4.

Hi all,
tried the latest current Binding from today 4.11:
openhab> bundle:list|grep -i zwave
193 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201911040345 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

But do get still errors when including the RGBW Controller 2:
2019-11-04 18:58:48.319 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@186d7b’: For input string: “1colorMode=DIFF_WHITE”
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “1colorMode=DIFF_WHITE”
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.initialiseNode(ZWaveThingHandler.java:263) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.bridgeStatusChanged(ZWaveThingHandler.java:537) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.initialize(ZWaveThingHandler.java:163) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor76.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2019-11-04 18:58:48.344 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘zwave:device:22089965:node44’: For input string: “1colorMode=DIFF_WHITE”
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “1colorMode=DIFF_WHITE”
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.initialiseNode(ZWaveThingHandler.java:263) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.bridgeStatusChanged(ZWaveThingHandler.java:537) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.initialize(ZWaveThingHandler.java:163) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor76.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

The binding was last updated 7 days ago.
The developer is on a much needed vacation so I would not expect an update for another 2 weeks or so. He does not currently have VPN access to update when away.

FYI

I’ve uploaded a XML file to the database from a device I’ve bought.
Any more information needed, just let me know.

1 Like

Link to the device? Likely there are some manual steps needed.

Oh, actually I think it’s exactly this device :

Fibaro FGRGBW-442

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1127

1 Like

I’ve updated to OpenHab 2.5 today and I still get this error. The thing with all its channels is present and I can add items, but they are all non-functional. The thing itself is stuck at:

Status: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR For input string: “1colorMode=DIFF_WHITE”

Please start a new thread. Although the symptoms may be similar, it gets too confusing trying to chase many problems in the same thread.

Thank you for your advice! I’ve created a new topic.

I’m having unknown device issue again. running 2.5 snapshot currently, but only switched to make sure stable wasn’t the issue. From Habmin it shows the following attributes:
Manufacturer: 010f"Fibargroup"
Type/ID: 0902:2000
Firmware: 5.0

and logs show
[WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 20: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0902:2000::5.0

Sorry if this has been covered, but i’ve not come up with a solution. Thanks in advance

I would suggest to update your device’s firmware first.
My one works perfect. I had bought a Fibaro HC Light, added as secondary Zwave controller since then I can update all Fibaro Device firmware.

You have a different device type / ID. Perhaps you are in a different Z-Wave region.In any case yur experience with your different device is hot helpful here.

What 2.5 Snapshot?? the 2.5.0 snapshots are VERY old. If you are running the current stable version of OH it is possible to manually update just the zwave binding to the latest snapshot by using an install script.you then need to delete the Thing from OH and rediscover to get the new binding settings.

The database entry for your device was last updated late last month so updating the binding is recommended.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

1 Like

Might be, or it is older. I have newer one as well bought mid last year and it works perfect as well. I will check it later today. I just realized it when I sent the post.

1 Like

Sorry for poor info (at the late hour it all made sense in my head lol)
I updated to latest stable a few days ago, after my openhabian running without issue for months. All went well. Added the fibaro rgbw controller 2 yesterday with the unknown issue. Was having trouble with the inclusion process though. I have an aeotec usb stick. I removed from my pi, put it in inclusion mode, got the positive indicators from the stick and the fibaro. But returning the stick to the pi hosed all network connections and I had to reboot to get everything working again. Tried that process several times, including deleting the thing and excluding the fibaro. Then moved to the habmin inclusion process, which got the same unknown device issue.
At that point I found this thread, started poking around with the zwave database data, the xml file (which is created and has what looks like valid data for the device), and everything seemed to be right. So I switched to the snapshot version, just for another option.
So currently running 2.5.4~20200331073648-1 build 78 on raspberry pi 3 openhabian

I’ll update binding and report back. Thanks Bruce and kovacs for responding.

UPDATE: Updated the zwave binding to the latest snapshot version 2.5.4-20200331.033911-4, and viola, it is recognized. I guess I thought it had had time to be included in the latest update to the stable release, but I guess that is what I get for thinking. Thanks again for pointing me to the solution! I now can control the controller lol