Fibaro RGBW predefined Programs Activation

@TheKorn

I have fibaro RGBW-441 controller and RGB led strip not RGBW strip,
I am not getting colors exactly what i needed…there is small difference in colors what i am getting than excepted.

To operate RGB strip instead of RGBW strip, do we need to do any configuration…?

Please give any sugestions.

Thanks and regards,
shrikant

No; I’m actually running an RGB (not RGBW) strip. The only difference is that you never send any commands for the W channel. (Well you could send commands to the W channel, it’s just that there is no effect since it’s not hooked up.)

I will say that in general it’s tough to get a pure white from an RGB strip, or especially separate R,G, and B strips. Just the nature of the beast.

Why, what are you experiencing?

Thanks korn,
@TheKorn

Can you please tell me one more thing…
there is a configuration parameter “Outputs state change mode”.

0 – MODE1 (related parameters: 9-step value, 10-time between steps)
1 – MODE2 (related parameters: 11-time to change value, relevant for RGB/RGBW)
Default setting: 0
Parameter size: 1 [byte]

What is use of mode 2…?
I am not getting meaning of mode 2.

Parameters 8, 9, 10, and 11 determine how it fades between colors when you change the requested color.

If you’re in mode 1, it will change from color A to color B by the step value in parameter 9, pausing the amount of time in parameter 10 between changes, and repeating the process until it gets to B.

If you’re in mode 2, it will take the mount of time specified in parameter 11 to get from A to B, and will automatically figure out the step value necessary to do it in that amount of time specified in 11.

Anyone have any clue what 1-5 are in parameter 72? Is there a way to define our own animations?

You cannot program your own animations, there are 5 predefined.

Kindest regards

Darnit…

Anyone to know how I can set the speed of the animation ? Would like to have the rainbow or aurora colorcyling but run slower than it does by default. Played with param #11 but that didn’t seem to have an effect on predefined programs.

As far as i’m aware there is no such option standard in the device.
remeber that the programs are hard programmed.

kindest regards

Hi all,
this topic seems to be a bit old, but anyhow in case somebody is looking: here is my config to get the hard coded predefined programs to run in openHAB.

in the item file:
Number LED_Programs "LED Programme" { channel="zwave:device:4abcdefb3:node11:scene_number_param72"}
in the sitemap file
Selection item=LED_Programs mappings=[6="Feuer", 7="Sturm", 8="Regenbogen", 9="Aurora", 10="Polizei"]

That’s it. Works for me, no rules or anything needed
Cheers
Jan

It’s working to me too, but how do you stop it? switch off it…I tried to add 0, 1 or 2, but in the case of “police” is switching off, in other case no…why?

Send program 1 to stop animation programs. Eventually send 0 to the RGBW item.