Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222 with Venetian Blinds - Lamellas Position

thanks a lot.
Just let me know if you need any traces, logs

i try to send a command to the venetian blinds only if a change of the position is required.

var TargetPos = 98
        var CmpPos = TargetPos - 3

if(EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.state < CmpPos || EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.state == NULL) EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.sendCommand(TargetPos)
    	if(EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.state < 80 || EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.state == NULL) EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.sendCommand(80)

but this rule sometimes work, but not at every call. sometimes the sendCommand will be called and then the state variable are changed to the new values, but the blind doesn’t move.

Does anyone have any idea what that could be?

Is it probably not allowed to read the state and call a sendcommand at the same line with the same item?

add some logging to figure out why rule is not executed.
something like:

var TargetPos = 98
var CmpPos = TargetPos - 3

if(EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.state < CmpPos || EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.state == NULL)
{
 logInfo ("Debug", "EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter " + EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.state)
 logInfo ("Debug", "CmpPos " + CmpPos)
 EgWz_JalousieLinks_Shutter.sendCommand(TargetPos)
}
if(EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.state < 80 || EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.state == NULL)
{
 logInfo ("Debug", "EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella " + EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.state)
 EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.sendCommand(80)
}

For improved readability I am using following syntax for IF all the time - even if only one command is executed.

if ( value == true )
{
 execute stuff
}
else
{
 execute other stuff
}

in an entry above i mentioned that i have problems if i only control the shutter when the target position is not equal to the actual position.

but now I have noticed that the problem also exists when I always send the command.

rule "Jalousien Sonnenschutz ein"
when
    Item Sonnenschutz changed from OFF to ON
then
	EgWz_JalousieSofa_Control.sendCommand(99) // Node 11
	EgWz_JalousieSofa_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 11
	Thread::sleep(50)
	EgWz_JalousieLinks_Control.sendCommand(98) // Node 13
	EgWz_JalousieLinks_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 13
	OgSm_JalousieFenster_Control.sendCommand(98) // Node 4
	OgSm_JalousieFenster_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 4
	OgSm_JalousieTuere_Control.sendCommand(80) // Node 5
	OgSm_JalousieTuere_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 5
	OgSr_JalousieFenster_Control.sendCommand(98) // Node 7
	OgSr_JalousieFenster_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 7
	OgSr_JalousieTuere_Control.sendCommand(80) // Node 8
	OgSr_JalousieTuere_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 8
	DgZr_Jalousie_Control.sendCommand(98) // Node 15
	DgZr_Jalousie_Lamella.sendCommand(60) // Node 15
end

According to me, the code of this rule should fit. Unfortunately this rule does not work stable. The shutters Node 5, Node 7 and Node 15 partly do not close.
once only Node 5, once Node 5 and Node 7, …
in case of a mistake, the shutters only make a very short movement and stop again immediately.

Z-Wave Log Node 5 if it works
grafik

Z-Wave Log Node 5 if it does not work
grafik

Does anyone have any experience with what this could be and how I can solve the problem? I am at the end of my rope and have no more ideas.

Thank you very much for your tips.

Openhab Version: 2.3.0 Release Build
Z-Wave Binding: Development Version 2.4.0 (2018-09-08)

@Kellermeister

Never seen anything like that and I am addressing multiple FGR-222 at the same time, both individually as well as in groups, but mainly in groups with my latest version - even if there is just one member in the group.
(readability).

gDownStairsBlinds.members.forEach[ShutterPosition | ShutterPosition.sendCommand(BlindsClosed)]
  gDownStairsBlindsLam.members.forEach[LamellaPosition | LamellaPosition.sendCommand(blindLamella0)]
  gWZrechtsBlinds.members.forEach[ShutterPosition | ShutterPosition.sendCommand(BlindsClosed)]
  gWZrechtsBlindsLam.members.forEach[LamellaPosition | LamellaPosition.sendCommand(blindLamella0)]
  logInfo ("StatusUpdate", "Closing DownStairsBlinds for night")

I am not using and actual advising against:

There is no need to artificially delay the execution - zwave stack is perfectly able to handle all the commands sent sequentially.

@chris

Any chance to look into:

@chris

any change to look into and share an update on:

https://community.openhab.org/t/fibaro-roller-shutter-fgrm-222-with-venetian-blinds-lamellas-position/9396/252?u=chri46

1 Like

Sorry - I can’t find the logs that show the received messages. This thread is full of links, that link to other links, and then to other links, before linking back to a link I already linked to… :wink:

Can you provide a clean log showing the issue please.

@chris

Currently traveling and not able to provide logs, but all revelant logs are in post:

When you get a chance, please provide a log with the latest binding and I’ll take a look.

Thanks.

Hi @chris

Upgraded to latest snapshot:

openhab> bundle:list |grep -i zwave
223 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201809282128     │ ZWave Binding

Same behavior - using HW switches in combination with lamella support is not updating OH.
Attached are 3 log files - naming describes the use-case.

node13_tilt_viaHWswitch.xml (5.6 KB)
node13_up_down_viaOpenHab.xml (89.0 KB)
node13_up_down_viaHWswitch.xml (22.2 KB)

Also attached the node.xml:
network_e117085e__node_13.xml (17.0 KB)

In all 3 log files the MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY message seems to hold the response back to OH, but is not decoded properly:

Thanks - I’ll take a look at this tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t be hard to find, but I’ll need to write some tests to see why the CC isn’t being found.

Just some feedback on this - I know what the issue is at least. I need to have a bit more of a think about how to implement this so it will be a few days at least…

any progress?
Just let me know if you need some to test your latest build

Hello,

I have been trying for several days to activate the protection mode of my Fibaro FGR222. Unfortunately I can not get it.

Here is my procedure:

item:

sitemap:
sitemap

Unfortunately, this does not work and I’m just too inexperienced.

My daughter has discovered the blinds switch, so I would like to lock them locally.

I hope you could help me.

Hmm, there actually are parameters #1 and #2 that according to the Fibaro manual if set should allow for local and RF protection, but I noticed they’re missing in my devices in habmin.
Checking the database entry for firmware up to 22.22, parameters #1 and #2 are in.
But the entry for firmware 24.24 and newer is actually lacking those.
I think that’s by mistake, probably is was overlooked because of the way the manual is written as it lists those first two parameters in a different section than all of the others.
I added those parameters to the database.
As with any DB update, this added functionality should become available in the next snapshot.

PS @chris I accidentially added another option to parameter #2 of the old device (#116 in DB) that I now fail to delete, could you please fix that.

Thank you in advance for the detailed explanation.
What, I have to do after updating the database to update my Fibaros?

As already mentioned, I have only recently been there and still have a lot to learn.
It will be fast with this great community.

Is the Konfiguartion, how I address the Protection Mode the right one?

Wait for the next snapshot version and install it. Once running, use habmin or PaperUI to change zwave parameter #1 of your device.

I saw last night that a new version of Zwave Snapshot with fixed protection mode was turned on.
Now my question before I do something wrong.
Can I only replace the snapshot version of the Zwave Binding from build # 428?
I have already found a manual that I understand here in the community.

Greetings Danny