Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222 with Venetian Blinds - Lamellas Position

The algorithm in the FGRM-222 is not rocket science, in that you’re right. But implementing that algorithm generically in OpenHAB (which I would prefer just like you do) would require either one of two things. 1) A zwave command in the FGRM to drive the blinds for a specified time instead of percentage of calibrated height. Or 2) a “near realtime” connection from OpenHAB via zwave controller, via a potentially varying number of routing zwave nodes to the FGRM. With OpenHAB installed on a Raspberry PI I have varying latencies of nearly zero to a couple of seconds, depending at least on CPU load but probably also on zwave components. Not sufficient to precisely drive the lamellas for a fraction of a 1.5s timespan is it?
For the first approach we’d just feed the calculated times into the FGRM, but I have not seen that type of command for the FGRM.

Concerning second option the problem definitely somewhere in Openhab, as Z-Wave, at least in my instalation, shows quite stable latencies of 40-60ms(100ms round trip). I was able to test them by connecting USB Z-Stick to my laptop and running Z-Wave health utility, which allows pinging any node on different power levels multiple times. So that should be fine.
Quite big time variation comes from OH Rules engine, but I will use different one.
I have just installed the rest of my FGRMs, so will return to this topic soon

Just wanted to know if there is any progress regarding the lamellas positioning for the roller shutters.
I’m very new to OpenHab and I’m not sure I’m looking in the right spots etc. but one key functionality I’m looking for is controlling my blinds.
Until now I managed to control the positioning of the blinds but not the angle of the lamellas.

I’m running OH 1.8.3 and it works for me for both, old and new type of the actuator. Just use the appropriate class:

Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Jalousie_links_Lamellen "Lamellen links [%d %%]"       <rollershutter> (EG_Wohnen,Jalousien)   { zwave="113:command=MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY,type=lamella" }
 Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Jalousie_rechts_Lamellen "Lamellen rechts [%d %%]"     <rollershutter> (EG_Wohnen,Jalousien)   { zwave="95:command=FIBARO_FGRM_222,type=lamella" }

Can’t comment on OH2, though.

same question here. also just installed a FGR-222 to control venetian blinds with OH2.

hm, too bad. Tried to implement this with OH2 but I cannot make it work :frowning:

OH2 is not the problem. Zwave binding in version 2 does not support the fibaro proprietary class at the moment. Chris is searching for a good implementation, which is not too proprietary at all, from what I know.
Faking the function from openhab rules/scripts will not work. With zwave you will never have guaranteed RTT. So any time based calculations will fail. Fibaro does the calculation for turning up or down on the device itself. So there is no variable latency, like Henning already wrote.

I do the lamella positioning by using mqtt to a second controller running zway.

It’s not implemented in OH2 at the moment. I was hoping to find a nice way to implement this that is configurable without having to change the binding each time Fibaro adds a new device. What this means is having some way to configure this command class, but as yet I’ve not spent a lot of time on this as it’s not been something people have asked for (too much :wink: ).

Ask, ask, pretty please :slight_smile: … you keep me from migrating to OH2, ya know ?

1 Like

@mstormi, just updated to 1.8.3 to check if Lamellas position start to work. But in my case no luck also.
I have tried both MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY and FIBARO_FGRM_222 and in both cases I get in z-wave log:

2017-01-05 14:41:57.390 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler:404 ]- NODE 23: No command class found for item = Shutter_Living_Center2_Lamellen. Class = manufacturer_proprietary(MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY), endpoint = 0. Ignoring command.

Or

2017-01-05 14:43:36.676 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler:404 ]- NODE 23: No command class found for item = Shutter_Living_Center2_Lamellen. Class = fibaro_fgrm_222(FIBARO_FGRM_222), endpoint = 0. Ignoring command.

I have following definitions for Node 23:

Dimmer Shutter_Living_Center2 "Жалюзи Центр Правые - Положение [%d %%]" <rollershutter> (GF_Living,Shutters) {zwave="23:command=switch_multilevel,invert_state=false,invert_percent=false"}
Dimmer Shutter_Living_Center2_Lamellen "Жалюзи Центр Правые - Ламелли [%d %%]" <rollershutter> (GF_Living,Shutters) {zwave="23:command=FIBARO_FGRM_222,type=lamella"}

First item - Positioning - works fine.
For second item I tried both command classes with result above.
According to Habmin I have for Node 23:

Why it doesn’t work?

Check your node.xml if they include these classes. If not, you need to reinitialize the devices. Eventually, you need to set the type parameters #3 and #10 correctly before the classes/commands appear on NIFs, I don’t recall off the top of my head.

Hi,
trying to figure out the current state for the FGRM-222 for OH1 and OH2

Roller Blind Mode, with positioning

• openHAB1 – working
  • openHAB2 – working

Venetian Blind Mode, with positioning (including lamellas)

• openHAB1 – working
  • openHAB2 – not implemented yet (06.01.2016 see following post from mstormi)

Could a maintainer or user (with working device) please give a short answer ? :slight_smile:

working for OH1 (for old & new type of actuator)
not working in OH2 because not implemented

+1 for implementing it in OH2 :slight_smile:

just for the records, so nobody can say it wasn’t requested :wink:

Also +1 for implementing in OH2 :smiley:

Well, if it is about checking demand there is definitely a +1 from my side too :slight_smile:

Ok, ok, ok… :wink:

I’ll have a think about this over the coming week or two and see if I can come up with a nice way to integrate this.

2 Likes

thanks!

Thank you very much @chris

:blush: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Thanks!