Fibaro Thermostat FGT-001 fw ver. 4.6 Unable to find thing type (010F:1301:1001:4.6)

Dear,

I’m trying to add on openhab 2.5.1-2 my new heat controller FGT-001 but every time I’m trying to add, I get from the console the message:

[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 22: Unable to find thing type (010F:1301:1001:4.6)

As far as I know FGT-001 should be well supported by this version. Can be a problem related to the firmware version?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on how to make some troubleshooting to understand better how to find the issue.

Maria

We do not have 1301:1001 in our database but it may be similar to 1301:1000. Please let me know if this entry seems to agree with your manual. If so, we can add a second ID that would be added in a newer binding version.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/749

From what I see it seems ok. Is there any way to make some test verification in advance? If it is a matter of making some action changing some files in order to add the 1301:1001 in the DB. I can make some tests and give you a feedback. Thanks
Maria

[quote=“maria, post:3, topic:91422”]Is there any way to make some test verification in advance? If it is a matter I can make some tests and give you a feedback.
[/quote]
There is a process where you can manually unpack and remake a jar file.
The database is exported once a week on weekends so if you can wait, there should be a snapshot binding available for testing.
I see this as a low risk change likely only impacting you.

Hi Bruce,

thank you for your update. When you talk about the manual process to unpack and remake a jar file: could you point me on some documentation where is explained a little bit more the process? I’d like to learn a bit more on how the things are added manually when they are not included in the DB. Unfortunately I don’t have a deep knowledge of the openhab system architecture, but I’d like to learn.

Thanks anyway for your time.

1 Like

OK, I updated the database. I have only done this one, before 2.5 was released. The new
xml file you would need should be here.

The snapshot location has changed. Try here.

Modify a zwave binding jar to add/change a zwave device while waiting for a build - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

Hello Bruce,

thank you so much for your guideline, it was very interesting to put the hands on the system a little bit more, I learn a lot. However from the test I did last night it seems not enough to make the thermostat recognized by the binding module even after your changing in the xml file. Then I had the idea to edit the xml descriptor adding the property on minimum fw version and then worked. I have not yet completed the test because was very late. I hope I have time today to give you more feedback on that, but until now the valuable information on my testing is that regarding the firmware version. It seems a key information required in the xml file to complete the discovery process.
What I wrote does make sense in your experience ?

Have a good day
Maria

You need to delete the Thing (NOT exclude from the network) and rediscover it in OH to get it fully discovered with the new binding. It will still have the same Thing ID.

Yes I did it like you are saying, but nevertheless without the firmware information in the xml file was not able to find the thing. After adding the property for the minimum firmware version was ok.

Yes I did it like you are saying, but nevertheless without the firmware information in the xml file it was not completely discovered.