Fibrao FGT001 devices down after update from 2.5.8 to any later on 2.5

Hi all,
after update from 2.5.8 to any later of the 2.5 family all the fibaro FGT-z-wave devices -see:

are gone.
Is the FGT maybe forgotten in z-wave device database?

Cheers
Stef

Platform information:
Tinkerboard 2GB RAM

Debian Buster

Java: java -version
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/tty96B0
openjdk version “1.8.0_252”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_252-b225)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.252-b225, mixed mode, Evaluation)

The database item for that was modified by somebody and they did not request a review of the changes. That caused it to be removed from later binding versions.

We will need to review the changes & approve the entry. Then, after the database is next exported, a snapshot binding can be built with those changes.

EDIT: I have just approved that device. Since the database was recently exported, it may be a week before Chris exports again.

Hi,
when will the new bindung be available?'Because it’s winter and my heater should work! Can be a fine thing in these no so hot days…
And
How will be the information be delivered?
Thanks

Stefan Heinz

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Send mobile

Have fun finding out!

I do not take kindly to me or the other volunteers here being verbally abused.

I have other more important things to tend to.

That’s why it comes mord and more critucal comments in the community

My holy untouchable gid father of volunteer!
All if us lay on our knees for so giid guys

Are you a relative of DT?

Stefan Heinz

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Send mobile

Welcome to my ignore list. It felt neglected being empty.

Vielen Dank Gott Vater!!

Mach Dir mal Gedanken, warum niemand sich mehr traut, eine Frage zu stellen!

Kleiner Tip: wenn man nicht kritikfähig ist, sollte man nicht kommunizieten und schon gar nicht das große Wort schwingen!
Sonwird das nie was - besser das Produkt nie gelingen.

You are so goid to me!!!

Remember most of us are NOT english native speakers!

Stefan Heinz, MSC

Send mobile

Hi,
I am so sorry but I am too stupid to find any announcement place or downloading link in the web and in this community.
Underneath " openHAB 2.5.x Patch Releases" “announcement” (in my eyes the right place to post it) there is a lot …

Thank you very much
Cheers
Stef

Well, other people, other ways of thinking. That’s what makes us human and what enables the whole species to develop :wink:

Playing around with search input at the top level could have let you find this.

And if you do not feel comfortable in an english forum, there is a german forum as well.

Last but not least: Kein Backup, kein Mitleid. (no backup, no pity). I know it is harsh, but it is the truth. Always ensure you can go back to what you have BEFORE doing upgrades. And test what you need to do to apply the backups in order to revert to a former state. The backup files are useless without the knowledge how to use them in case…

Tag, danke für den Hinweis

Hi and Thank you for the hint… But behind the link " this." this is the explanation where to place the " updated ´z-wave.binding… .jar` - file. I already knows this… because i use the system since version 1.9 :slight_smile:
The big challenge is to find the jar-file.
I can´t find it or an announcement that one is send out with fixes for example my problem with the fibaro FGT001 nodes.

Maybe someone can point my to the place where these jar-files will be lunched to install after fix the reported problems here. …
So I understand the post from Bruce_Osborne, somewhere above, in which he announced that he bring up a fix in the next days…
And he wishes me good luck: “Have fun finding out!”
But: as I said: I am too stupid to find
Cheers und Danke nochmal für den Heinweis, wo ich das gefixte Jar-File ablegen soll, dass weiß ich. Die Schwierigkeit ist herauszufinden, wo und wann diese Fixes sind … 2.5.x wird wohl nach der Veröffentlichung von 3.0 nicht mehr mit neuen Releases oder Snapshots aufwarten

Cheers

Stef

There is no announcement for the nightly snapshots. You will only find announcements when there is a release made.

If you are using the SNAPSHOT version of OH, then you can just download the latest binding through the UI. If you are using a milestone release, then you will need to manually download the snapshot from the CI server.

https://ci.openhab.org/view/Integration%20Builds%20(2.5.x)/job/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/lastStableBuild/