File Lock & Ecobee Error

Evening, All!

I’m getting two errors that may or may not be related. I’m hoping someone knows more about it than I do.

The first one is a file lock error that I noticed last night while I was setting up the ecobee binding, but it may have been there before. I do know that it wasn’t there before I went away for Christmas.

2018-01-02 17:39:48.028 [WARN ] [java.util.prefs 
                    ] - Could not lock User prefs
.  Unix error code 2.                            
2018-01-02 17:39:48.029 [WARN ] [java.util.prefs 
                    ] - Couldn't flush user prefs
: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Couldn't
 get file lock.

The second is an Authorisation Pending error from the Ecobee binding. The binding was set up and functioning before I went to bed last night, but this morning I was getting errors. Thoughts? Thanks!

2018-01-02 17:39:58.066 [ERROR] [inding.ecobee.in
ternal.EcobeeBinding] - Error retrieving tokens: 
authorization_pending                            
2018-01-02 17:39:58.068 [WARN ] [inding.ecobee.in
ternal.EcobeeBinding] - Periodic poll skipped for
 'DEFAULT_USER'.

Edit: I’m running OH 2.1 on a Raspberry Pi. Ecobee binding 1.12.0.

my first thing to try when I have file lock problems is a reboot of the machine. if that doesn’t work I’ve no idea.

Thanks rlkoshak, I’ve rebooted many times, but the problem persists.

I’ve seen references to the file ~openhab/.java/.userPrefs on another thread regarding a similar issue with the Nest thermostat, but I can’t seem to find that file anywhere.

As for the Ecobee, it keeps posting a new code in the logs for to enter into my Ecobee account, and it works for a short while after entering the new code (at least an hour), but by the time of get up in the morning, the connection is lost, and I need to enter a new code.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just tried adding Ecobee binding to my OpenHAB2 v2.4 installation and I am getting that same error. I have no idea how to fix this.
For the record, I am running OH2 v2.4 on a QNAP NAS. Ecobee binding v1.13. Everything else is working great.

2019-01-22 11:36:20.762 [WARN ] [inding.ecobee.internal.EcobeeBinding] - Periodic poll skipped for ‘DEFAULT_USER’.
2019-01-22 11:39:51.152 [WARN ] [java.util.prefs ] - Could not lock User prefs. Unix error code 20.
2019-01-22 11:39:51.152 [WARN ] [java.util.prefs ] - Couldn’t flush user prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Couldn’t get file lock.

If I reboot the server, I get the “Ecobee-Integration” lines again asking that I enter the Pin in My Apps on the Ecobee site.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the binding. Nothing seems to work.

Thank you
Jason…