FIND SOURCE ... Incoming payload 'off' not supported by type 'NumberValue'

I’ve changed some weeks ago some things/items … I’m getting this message…

2020-10-11 16:06:37.049 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Incoming payload 'off' not supported by type 'NumberValue'

I’m not sure anymore where the issue comes from … the line within the logs shows me only a few information. … maybe nothing.

Any chance to find the thing/item which is the source of this message?

It will be one of your number channels within an MQTT Thing which is receiving the message off.

You can’t find the exact source with the log message alone - you’ll have to go through each number channel and check what it is subscribed to. Perhaps use MQTT Explorer at the same time to see what is being published to the broker.

2 Likes

Yeah. But which channel can this be? Any chance to find this?

You have a timestamp. Perhaps you can guess which of your MQTT devices is linked to a number channel, but might report an ‘off’ payload. Perhaps you can use mqtt-fx or similar monitor to see what MQTT messages were being sent at that time.

found thx.

Hi, any hint on your finding that may help me as well. I am also getting same message but coud not locate the error source. Thnx.

Hi,
I must say, that I find this situation very dissatisfying.
I have the same situation, and I cannot understand, why at least the DEBUG doesn’t show the involved channel. It should be known at time of error message, so why not referring to this channel?

Maybe no-one has logged an enhancement issue against the MQTT binding asking for this.

Maybe no volunteer coder is interested enough to action this, or give it priority over other work. Perhaps its not as easy as you think.

You could do this work yourself?