First installation of OpenHab2. Can’t get to dashboard - Windows

Hi All, NEWB to OpenHAB.

I need to change the default port on Windows from 8080 to something different. I have searched through /etc folders but cant find the setting.

Getting this error and no dashboard on 8080.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource has no uri
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.getBundleInputStream(Deployer.java:1586)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:869)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1025)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:964)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
org.apache.karaf.features.core[org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] : Error installing boot features
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource has no uri
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.getBundleInputStream(Deployer.java:1586)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:869)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1025)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:964)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I had the same yesterday…

Did you search the forum?

java version “1.8.0_221”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode, sharing)

Yes read this thread but cannot find the location on Windows install.

Again a quick search:

Yet again read this and searched. I am not running it as a service nor do I plan to so this thread (which I have read) is not relevant. If you don’t know the answer please stop implying I haven’t searched and possibly help…

The answers are all there.
To change the windows port:

I don’t know the answer because I don’t run windows
BUT you are not the first one to have this problem is it has already been solved many a times

Futhermore, you didn’t set a topic to your thread and failed to put your log in code fences
There is a way to post a query in the forum and the first step is to follow the questions asked when creating the thread:

and

“Could not find anywhere how to change the Openhab port on Windows. Here’s what finally worked (at least when running OpenHAB2 as a service):”

I have read this and was trying as I mentioned before to not run as a service. I will run it as a service if this is the only option for Windows.

Did you actually try the suggested change to setenv.bat ?

Or that post to change the environment variables