Fresh Dev environment / creating UI addon

Dear all

I need some guideance for my eclipse / maven workflow. I’m a bit lost between all that stuff that I already was going through over the last weeks.

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: MacMini
    • Java Runtime Environment: Oracle JDK 1.8.0_131

Eclipse: Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0) Build id: 20180917-1800
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.5.4

I try to continue on my idea of an own UI for openHAB2 and have the basics together, but mvn clean install reports:

[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.lcars:2.4.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/shaller/Projects/openhab2-master/git/openhab2-addons/addons/ui/org.openhab.ui.lcars/pom.xml
[INFO] {osgi.os=linux, osgi.ws=gtk, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.openhab.ui.lcars 2.3.0.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.openhab.ui.lcars 2.3.0.qualifier requires ‘java.package; org.openhab.ui.dashboard 0.0.0’ but it could not be found

As I’m not creating a a binding, which is done with the help f the skeleton script, I probably made a mistake somewhere, but, i cannot figure out where.

Any help is welcome.

Cheers
Stefan

Hi @smhaller how did you go with this? I would like to create something with lcars interface too. Couldn’t it be done using habpanel?

Dear @JimT

This is currently still in hold. I don’t think that IT would be possible with habpanel. AS it follows a different approach.

I Had a quick Look at habpanel myself. There are good things in it. But honestly I didn’t find or got what I was looking at.

My current work focuses on the Design (CSS ) itself. Which i User in a PHP Rest Setup.

The Goal is to bring the design as a native OH ui but Not in a reasonable time.

Cheers

Stefan